Just back from the Century - Western

dawnp

I hear ya Flyaway. I have 6 weeks to go and I get goofy everytime I check the boards.

Thanks to NYY for another nice review. My husband is a huge Diet coke fiend and its interesting to hear that finding it on board can be a pain. If they saw how crabby he can be without it the morning - they would leave a pitcher outside our door.

The picture needed is one to the right of one of the elevators and was a full-length picture of a woman dancing alone. It showed her from behind with her head tossed back and was mostly black and white.

Thanks!

Neal

Neal - I don't remember that one, but there is a great picture, actually a poster sized photograph, of a woman with long straight hair in a swing. I love that picture. I've never seen it anywhere else, but I'd love to have a copy of it. She looks so relaxed and free in the picture it make me jealous!

Terri

Dawn, I guess we must be the exception , but our trip on the Century 6/5 to 6/12 the western ports was a bit disappointing.

In Oco Rios, we hardly got through the gates off the pier of the ship when we were approached by people selling drugs. A terrible way to start at your first port.

In Grand Caymen , Century does not pay extra to get the nice large tenders to take you to the pier, instead they crowd you into thier life boat and transport you to the pier, the captain operating the life boat had problems docking, even though it was a smooth day and it should not have had to keep hitting the dock. It was very difficult to get your balance to get off and onto the docks. In Cozumel, be prepared to walk, the ship docks at the farthest pier from downtown, where as the other ships dock right down town. We had to take an un airconditioned cab to town, Cost $7. The streets have been torn up we understand for over 6 months and will continue to be that way for at least another 6 month. they have open sewer pipes with only wood planking over them. Be sure to wear sneakers or closed toed shoes as many people came back with cut toes from these uneven planks. Key West was a real pleasure and the best port we were at.Even though we live in Florida, we had not visited Key West in many year, We found it to be lovely with plenty to see, and do within an easy walk from the ship.

Enjoy your trip just take note so you will be comfortable in the ports.

Annecrs

John - I don't mind at all...the more the merrier. I say the more we pile in here the more information future cruisers have and thats a good thing - makes the time go by quicker... right flyaway? :D

annecr - thats what makes the world go round right - everyone is different and has different experiences...your experience in Jamaica would have made me get back on the ship - YIKES! What did you think of the ship itself? is there anything you did or noticed that we haven't hit on yet? or anything you can go into more detail about?

I was just wondering if anyone in your group had their hair done for any of the formal nights? If they did could you tell me who they used and if they were happy or not with the person.

but since my hair is like an inch long I don't know how much UP my DO could have done ;)

I did see women around the ship with lovely up-do's tho........

"I say the more we pile in here the more information future cruisers have and thats a good thing - makes the time go by quicker... right flyaway? "

Right you are!

I'm interested in the updo info, too, for one of the formal nights.

To all who are sailing Century tomorrow, have a wonderful trip and be safe!! :)

Thanks Toni, I am one of them. I will post some comments (hopefully all GREAT ones) when I get back.

Regards,

Andy

Hi Andy... I know you are on a mission to find out lots of information for us all. Just remember to have a good time... But if Captain Terry is onboard, and you get a chance will you find out if he will still be there in September? I missed seeing him in June, the ship wasn't quite the same without him.

Neal... you poor thing..... I guess I'll have to book an Eastern Cruise on Century and tell my husband that I had no choice I was doing it for the good of all my CC friends. Do you think it will work????

I am hoping to get the new dailies from someone on the Eastern route. That is why I keep checking on it!

Well if you can wait until my 8/21 trip I have a scanner and have no problem scanning them when I get home for you.

i was on the western route in 1998 and hated jamaica. but i am going on the same route next month in spite of ocho rios. you just can't beat key west. i wish the ship was in port a little longer, but it's still a blast.

Archived