Wine, Beer

Sailor Gal

I just called RCCL and was told that there is an absolute no alcohol policy in effect since 8/2005. Not that we're alcoholics or anything, but we are used to bringing on board our favorite wines from local wineries (they don't stock them on board) to enjoy for our much anticipated vacation. On Princess, we were even able to bring on our wines and embibe in our stateroom free of corkage fee charges and even beers to enjoy in our staterooms. After all - we are on vacation. I'm really discouraged that we can't bring wine onboard (the beer I understand as we can purchase from RCCL). Has anyone recently tried to bring wine onboard?:mad:

Question is: Has anyone recently boarded with

Try wellwishers.com. If they don't have what you want on the website, call them directly. They have a much more extensive list than what it on their website. They will deliver to your stateroom for a $7 delivery charge. It is allowed by RCCL as they pay a fee to RCCL to let them do this. Enjoy!

The actual date of the policy change was 7/28/06.

On my cruise 2 weeks ago, it was enforced.

As to "how" one can get beer onboard, the only answer is smuggling. Quite a feat for two cases:cool:.

I generally bring my own wine and pay the corkage but did not with this new policy. Just personal choice.

If I had a particular wine I loved, I'd put it in my luggage. But beer? I mean, they do stock almost every brand--I don't think I'd waste my luggage allowance on something I can easily buy onboard! After all, how many are you planning on drinking in your room? Would it be that difficult to get one or two at the bar and take to your room?

We will be leaving from the Pan Am pier in San Juan. Now I know there is a place to buy wine & liquor there. In previous posts I read that RCCL is fairly lenient about bringing wine purchased at the pier on to the ship. Has anyone recently tried this and if so did you have any problems? I was thinking of boarding the ship & then going back out later in the day to the pier to purchase my wine. Would I have to go thru security in order to do this? Thanks for any info.

We will be leaving from the Pan Am pier in San Juan. Now I know there is a place to buy wine & liquor there. In previous posts I read that RCCL is fairly lenient about bringing wine purchased at the pier on to the ship. Has anyone recently tried this and if so did you have any problems? I was thinking of boarding the ship & then going back out later in the day to the pier to purchase my wine. Would I have to go thru security in order to do this? Thanks for any info.

You go through security each and every time you board. And RCI is no longer lenient since the new rules have been put into place.

Archived