carnival Triumph

baseball16

I have been on several cruises. This may seem to be a crazzzy question but I'm sure some of you have had the same problem..

My husband snore terribly and on a cruise ship it is very quiet when you are used to sleeping with a box fan to drown him out. Any suggestions or how can I get a fan on board. The last cruise my son and I only napped daily cause we were up for 7 nites.

HELP

What about one of those sound machines? Or...you could stop at a store before you board and buy a small fan and carry it on and just leave it behind if you are flying. Some of the fans are even small enough to fit in your luggage. If you have to have a box fan you could just buy 1 at the port, put a luggage tag on it and check it in and let them deliver to your cabin. Or better yet, put DH on the balcony to sleep;) Just kidding.

We were in an aft balcony room on the Legend, and with the door to the balcony propped open, the natural ocean sounds and sounds from the propulsion of the ship made for very nice "white noise" that drowned out any other noise, and made for great afternoon naps in the cabin. I'm not sure what, if any, white noise a side balcony might provide, but we loved it on the back of the Legend.

Perhaps another option aside from getting the box fan on board. Note, some (all?) cabins are set to turn off the A/C if the balcony door is propped open, unless you put a magnet on the sensor (at least, that is what some CC'ers have claimed to do) to get the benefit of the ocean sounds, PLUS the benefit of A/C in the room.

I know this doesn't really answer your question, but something else you *might* consider.

GP

I have been on several cruises. This may seem to be a crazzzy question but I'm sure some of you have had the same problem..

My husband snore terribly and on a cruise ship it is very quiet when you are used to sleeping with a box fan to drown him out. Any suggestions or how can I get a fan on board. The last cruise my son and I only napped daily cause we were up for 7 nites.

HELP

Have you ever tried using ear plugs or maybe using a portable radio with small headphones?

Thanks for all the great ideas for a snoring husband on a cruise. The magnet on the door to the balcony was a good idea. The small fans I never thought about, never heard of a white noise machine. I even thought of buying a cheap tape recorder and tape all of our fans at once and bringing it along.

Thanks for all the suggestions even the funny ones you guys are great in here

Archived