Leave for Sovereign of the Seas in AM

Enjoy your trip. I'm interesting in knowing if this would be a good 1st cruise for my kids, ages 4 and 8. We are considering taking them in November on this ship.

I would be interested in seeting pictures of the rooms, dining room, adventure ocean play areas, pools, sport/fun activities, etc.

I am also interested in knowing how much movement you can feel on the ship? I'm concerned about sea sickness because of the small size.

One more thing, on deck 8, ocean view rooms have an obstructed view. What is the view of and would you consider this room for a 1st cruise of kids?

Thanks and again, ENJOY!!:D

10th anniversary,

We are taking our kids (ages 16 and 5). I will try my best to find information/get pictures on everything you requested.

Email me at cubs03@hotmail.com and as soon as I return I will send you all of the pictures that you wanted. :)

I will try my best to write a review, but I am not sure if I will be able to or not. :o

Thanks and Bon Voyage!! :D

Is there anything people would like to know?

Anything people want any pictures of?Anything about ANYTHING? lol

I would be more than happy to help.Post any questions and I will do my best to find the answers! :)

Champ, you'll be my champ if you can get the full name of your master (he's a recently promoted staff captain) AND the whereabouts of Capt Vidar Solem. Capt Richard Brearley has been reassigned to Radiance so I want the 2 current masters of Sovereign! And I think you know why!

Thanks Bobbie I will.

You have a great time on the MOS yourself. She is a special ship.

Funny 'cause that's how I feel aboout the SOS :) I do love that ship.

10th annvisesary..... I have pics of the Sovereign in the link in my signature. It may tide you over until you get more pics. FYI so far the Sovereign is my kids favorite ship. They sailed the Enchantment, Majesty and Explorer. The AO staff was the best so far on the SOS.

Champ, you'll be my champ if you can get the full name of your master (he's a recently promoted staff captain) AND the whereabouts of Capt Vidar Solem. Capt Richard Brearley has been reassigned to Radiance so I want the 2 current masters of Sovereign! And I think you know why!

Yes WCH, I do.

I promise you I will do my best to get the scoop, and deliver "the scoop" to you on Monday!

We were on the Sovereign last week in cabin 8092. The obstructed view was the life boat that covered the top half of our window. You could see down to the water with no problem and having the daylight was great. Also, this was a convenient floor to walk up to the pool deck (11), down to the shops (5) or to the theatre (5&7).

We did not experience any sea sickness and felt little motion. This ship is beautiful and I wouldn't hesitate to sail on her again.

Enjoy your cruise!!

Funny 'cause that's how I feel aboout the SOS :) I do love that ship.

10th annvisesary..... I have pics of the Sovereign in the link in my signature. It may tide you over until you get more pics. FYI so far the Sovereign is my kids favorite ship. They sailed the Enchantment, Majesty and Explorer. The AO staff was the best so far on the SOS.

Awesome.

I am really looking forward to it.

Right now it is time to get my sleep, because I will probably not get much this weekend! :D

Okay good night.... and safe travels...and smooth seas :)

I should be packing but Dave decided to at the same time so.... I will drink another bottle of wine and tell him he isn't packing right....:D

And then I get to pack in the morning :(

Safe travels to you also.

Have a lovely cruise.

We take off in just under 2 hours.

Bye, no hurricanes for you! BTW, if you see Anton or Nicolay in the DR (both from Bulgaria) tell them the lady that kidnapped her husband then surprised him with a back to back cruise in May says Hi. If they still don't remember, tell them she was the one that gave them little gift bags. But above all, HAVE FUN! AND DON"T FALL OVERBOARD!!

This is why I love these boards, because of all the great people who like to share their information with people.

Thanks...champ, I hope you have a great time and I believe we were on the Mariner in May together. That was my husband and I's 1st cruise and now we are hooked.

Thanks...bobbie0253, your pictures are great. I really enjoyed looking at them.

Thanks...CruiseMor, for the deck 8 ov room description. I believe this is the deck and room we will book. So you did not feel much movement...good. I'm real concerned about sea sickness.

This will be a complete surprise for our kids. I just hope this is a good 1st cruise and ship for them. We are looking to go at the end of Nov. and the 4 day bahama trip. If anyone else has information to share, you can e-mail me at deltamit@aol.com.

Thanks again!

We were on the same Sovereign cruise as you :~) (9-15 to 9-18). I just came on here to see if I could find out the name of the "dueling pianos" guys in Balaro's lounge and ran into your post.

They were both awesome!!! We loved Chris (the young one), but can't remember his last name. He's from Canada and left the ship after that cruise and we're not sure if he's coming back to Sovereign or what. We were hoping he'd have a webpage or something to show his schedule, so we can see what other cruises he's got booked. Any info you've got would be MUCH appreciated :~)

Okay guys,

Well we are back. We returned yesterday and had a wonderful time.

I will post an in-depth review tomorrow afternoon and will attach a link for photos as I was sure to take a bunch of them.

Lanie, my 16 year old had a lot of fun, but felt that there was not as much to do on the Sovereign as there was on the Mariner (which of course was to be expected). As I think I mentioned before, we went with a group of 30+ people so he had a lot of friends on board, and also met a few more.

I am so angry because we left the compasses onboard, as I was going to do my best to scan them and post them online.

My 5 (soon to be 6) year old also had a blast, and didn't want to leave Adventure Ocean.

Sorry designer, I don't recall either of the dueling pianos guys’ names, as we only went one night.

In case anybody was wondering our cruise director was Chris Armas, and Captain was Vidar Solem.

As I mentioned before, an in-depth review with photos will be posted sometime tomorrow.

Welcome back, I think. I'm sure you would much rather still be on vacation. I can't wait to hear about your trip and see the pictures that you took.

Like I said before, I think we were on the Mariner cruise together in May. It's such a small world.

I'll looking for your review tomorrow.

Take care... :)

Also, cruisemor, could you see land when you looked out, or just down at the water? I'm trying to picture the view we will have. We will be in cabin 8052.

This is the view from 8056. Nice view of the water, but can't see much of the horizon.

Took my kids 9,8,6 last october , had an inside cabin and they loved it. Went solo last month.

IMG_2688s.JPG.54796e5f98e35bb135dcd98fd74eff35.JPG

IMG_2691s.JPG.670d95ddff2481c2e806bd3b4f873b91.JPG

Archived