Free Ice Cream on the Pride

musik07

I believe there is free ice cream on the pride? Are there ice cream machines all over the boat like on RCL or is it just in one area or in the buffet or is there an ice cream type shop for it?

One week to go!

Not restricted to the Pride. All Carnival ships have the complimentary soft-serve ice cream and yogurt machines - 24 hours a day.

When I was last on the Holiday, there was also a "Make Your Own Sundae Bar" set up on two different afternoons, in the same area as the machines. Wonderful!:)

Tiny, you're correct. ALL food, whether consumed in the dining room, Lido buffet, pizzeria, ice cream machines, room service food, etc. etc. etc. ARE included in the price of your cruise.

The ONLY thing, foodwise, you would be charged for is IF you choose to make reservations and dine in one of the 'specialty' restaurants - which I would never do, as the food in the dining room is outstanding. Why pay more when you already have excellent food that is included in the price of your cruise?

Cotton: Not all food is free. What about the cakes and choc covered strawberries one can purchase on the promanade deck? There are charges for those. Now birthday cakes there are a fee. But almost everything else is free. Iced tea/lemonade and fruit punch are free as are fruit juices for breakfast-as long as you dont get them from a bar.

A darling niece thought the cakes were free and got some for her and her friends. Yuck

i was just asking because on princess you had to pay to get ice cream from thier icecream bar and it was EXPENSIVE, and you oculd get it in the afternoon for like an hour but it was like 1 1/2 hours before dinner and really spoiled my dinner. I now have established that it is free but i was wondering if they olny have machines in the buffet area or if they are situated all over the ship.

Its in the buffet and on the lido deck out by the pool on Sensation and the Victory. I know there was more then one machine. They also have frozen yogurt next to the ice cream machine so be careful which one you chose.

Serene, perhaps I stated that incorrectly? Let me try again.

When you book a Carnival cruise, ALL meals, soft-serve ice cream and yogurt machines, pizza & salad, room service food - are INCLUDED in the cost of the cruise. It's all the food you could possibly want to eat - all day long!

However, should you CHOOSE to purchase anything extra from one of the 'specialty' areas, such as the little cakes, strawberries, whatever - it is clearly marked that this is an 'extra-cost-to-you-place'.

I'm afraid that they will start charging for the ice cream on all Carnival ships. The last Carnival cruise I was on they said if I came back that they would have to charge for the ice cream. I think I ate too much. :p I know I ate too much. On the last day I saw them trying to hide the ice cream machine when they saw me coming!:(

Archived