Will we like Carnival?

nana nancy

We have cruised on 3 RCL, 1 Celebrity, 1 NCLA, 1 NCL, the QM2, and Princess. We are now considering Carnival. I've been contacted by a Carnival rep, after I requested brochures online, and was assured my previous Princess and QM 2 cruises qualify as as past Carnival Corp. clients. We love to cruise! We are usually with 2 to 4 other couples, and we prefer not to have to deal with children. We are school bus drivers so have to travel during busy vacations periods. Are there any adults only areas on Carnival ships? And what can we expect in regards to food, service, and accomodations? Any info would be appreciated as we are starting to plan next summers cruise.

We have cruised on 3 RCL, 1 Celebrity, 1 NCLA, 1 NCL, the QM2, and Princess. We are now considering Carnival. I've been contacted by a Carnival rep, after I requested brochures online, and was assured my previous Princess and QM 2 cruises qualify as as past Carnival Corp. clients. We love to cruise! We are usually with 2 to 4 other couples, and we prefer not to have to deal with children. We are school bus drivers so have to travel during busy vacations periods. Are there any adults only areas on Carnival ships? And what can we expect in regards to food, service, and accomodations? Any info would be appreciated as we are starting to plan next summers cruise.

The only other line I've been on is RCL, and found them more comparable than not... but I prefer Carnival. As to kids, you need to cruise at non peak times in order to avoid alot of kids, if you have to travel during vacation time, there are going to be more kids of course. There is a top optional deck on Carnival, no kids allowed. There is an adult pool and hot tub, depending on the ship you choose. The food is good, I can always find something I like... rooms are far bigger IMHO on CCL than they were on the SOS on RCL. I've never had bad service.

Issue is the kids... I would stay away from the mass market lines in the summer if you want to avoid them... RCL and Carnival are going to have quite a few during the summer...

The only other line I've been on is RCL, and found them more comparable than not... but I prefer Carnival. As to kids, you need to cruise at non peak times in order to avoid alot of kids, if you have to travel during vacation time, there are going to be more kids of course. There is a top optional deck on Carnival, no kids allowed. There is an adult pool and hot tub, depending on the ship you choose. The food is good, I can always find something I like... rooms are far bigger IMHO on CCL than they were on the SOS on RCL. I've never had bad service.

Issue is the kids... I would stay away from the mass market lines in the summer if you want to avoid them... RCL and Carnival are going to have quite a few during the summer...

I have to agree about the kids. Since the OP stated they have to cruise when kids will be around....I would agree they need to stay with Celebrity...or at least Princess (if Princess still limits the number of children, they way they used to).

I love Carnival...but in the summer, you are gonna have kids (unless you go on the Alaska cruise)

Archived