Crème brulée

bankerbabe

Installing a bilingual keyboard is very easy. You can switch between whatever you usually want and a Canadian bilingual keyboard with a simple Alt+Left Shift, and then you're all set. (Much simpler than typing, spell checking and cutting and pasting).

BTW on a bilingual keyboard, the accent égu is the "/ ?" key next to the right shift. On some versions, the accent grave is the apostrophe key after which you type the letter you want accented. On others that's the "à"

DW makes wondeful creme brulee, but she isn't here right now to show me what recipe she uses. I'll never forget the time she prepared cb for a dinner party of 12, when she was a devotee of Atkins. So instead of sugar, she sprinkled Splenda on her serving. When she applied the torch, the Splenda turned to charcoal instead of carmelizing.:eek: We all got a big laugh out of it.

Mike

To middle-aged mom: If you can't teach your keyboard to be bilingual I've always used Alt+130 for é and Alt+138 for è, you have to use the number pad keys from the right hand side of the keyboard though. All the rest of the accents are in there too, it's just a matter of finding them and remembering. The French ones are all around that same range (Alt+130ish)

To middle-aged mom: If you can't teach your keyboard to be bilingual I've always used Alt+130 for é and Alt+138 for è, you have to use the number pad keys from the right hand side of the keyboard though. All the rest of the accents are in there too, it's just a matter of finding them and remembering. The French ones are all around that same range (Alt+130ish)

crème brulée.....crème brulée....I think I've got it, by George I've got it!

La Crème Brulée

The Frenchy Way

I've gooot iiiit...

Oh yes, I've got it!

(reprise)

And where's that Crème Brulée?

It's good here; it's good there,

In Memphis did you say?

No, New York, au contraire!

Oh what delight

To spell it right

At laa-aast...

oh yes I've got it, I've finally got it!:)

(Just don't use Splenda, or it's the enda...)

Thank you, Scubachick. You are a genious!

Karin

I don't eat creme brulee so can't specifically answer your question except to remind you that Pinnacle Grill serves a three flavor creme brulee that many people say is very delicious. You may wish to try it during your cruise.

I have eaten the three-flavor creme brulee in the Pinnacle ... several times on my last cruise ... and it is definitely absolutely to die for.

Blue skies ...

--rita

Some of you guys are so witty, like middle-aged mom. I love crème brulée anywhere and anytime I can get it. Ruth's Chris has the best of anything...whether it's steak or dessert. My SIL makes pumpkin crème brulée for Thanksgiving and it's excellent, and I like chocolate, too, but the original vanilla with plenty of caramelized sugar and raspberries is to die for.

My there are some clever folks on here!

Wish I had figured out the whole control-130 stuff a long time ago. Learn something new every day. Thank you!

Good thing we are going out to eat tonight at a nice restaurant - so much for my pre-cruise diet!

Archived