Blackbeard's Cay Beach Break - RCI

sweet angel

Looking at this tour for November on the Navigator. Last three times in Nassau we: walked around town, went to Paradise Island to check out Atlantis, walked around town.

Looking for an alternative to simply staying onboard. The excursion is $27/pp -- is it worth it?

The description of Blackbeard's Treasure Beach Snorkeling tour on Carnival's site is as follows: Take a short boat ride to one of the most pristine white sand beaches in the Bahamas. Not that your pictures aren't good, but the beach looks rocky and not so pristine. Do you happen to know if this is the same beach? Or is one Blackbeard's Cay and the other Treasure Beach? Our family is going to Nassau in November and wanted to book this shore excursion but I want a beautiful beach! :p

The description of Blackbeard's Treasure Beach Snorkeling tour on Carnival's site is as follows: Take a short boat ride to one of the most pristine white sand beaches in the Bahamas. Not that your pictures aren't good, but the beach looks rocky and not so pristine. Do you happen to know if this is the same beach? Or is one Blackbeard's Cay and the other Treasure Beach? Our family is going to Nassau in November and wanted to book this shore excursion but I want a beautiful beach! :p

Same place.. and there's really not much snorkeling here.

The long stretch of beach beyond the entrance is really quite nice.

Here's a pic of the beach area just east of the area in the photos. The area that you will be allowed on is the cresent beach in the foreground, the back of the island is Sandals "private" island.

As you can see, there's not much snorkeling in that crystal clear water.

BlackbeardsCay.bmp

• 1 year later...

We are interested in this as well but would like a beautiful beach too. We are bringing our kids along 8 and 10. Thought they might have fun here is it worth it or should we just take a taxi to Cable Beach? I thought I read that there was a stingray area here, are there alot of stingrays not in the enclosure? DH is nervous about that with kids. Also, would like them to snorkel this is their first cruise.

I just wrote a huge long thingy on the other thread "Blackbeards??". We've been 3 times and you can go read my ramblings in that thread. (I'm way too lazy to type it all out again, it's very long. :D)

It's not "beautiful tropical secluded" if that's what you're after. It is a nice day though. Nothing to look at snorkeling other than in the sting ray pen, hubby also saw other fish in that area. It's very safe, I'd do it with kids that age for sure. They'd LOVE it! Shallow area to walk into, you can "warm up" getting in with the rays. They're like cats & rub on your legs, they are de-barbed and safe. The beach is sandy to walk into, the rocks you are seeing are in between sandy areas. Makes it look pretty and more tropical, but there is plenty of sand to walk into water.

Ok, not rambling again. Go see my other post.

I have pics on my blog of it too, it's taking forever to upload to photobucket and get here though. Sorry-

tannerlife.blogspot.com

April 2008 ... September 2007 .. and then one other time I can't remember. I blogged about it 3 times though

• 2 weeks later...

We just got back from a cruise on the Carnival Victory and went on the Blackbeard beach excursion. We had to meet out on the pier at 9am and walked a short distance to the catamaran, then took a 30 minute ride to the beach that had clear, beautiful water, calm with no waves so good for little kids. There were lots of lounge chairs set up for us but no umbrellas. There were restrooms, showers, a bar, gift shop and a place to eat although we decided to eat back on the ship since the tour ended at 1pm. I thought it was wonderful and wish it had lasted longer. We had to be back on the catamaran at 12:30 and then were back at the ship by 1pm.

For the people doing the stingray excursion, you are taken to the same place where there is a pen of stingrays off to one side.

We've done it before, with and without sting rays. If I were doing rays, we love it. For a beach, not so much. You can go to Hilton British Colonial, walking distance. Then pay $20 a person, with no time limit. You aren't on an "excursion" time limit and can leave when you have too. Plus you sort of "waste" time on getting to Black Beard's and back in my opinion. We LOVE the rays there, but we will do Hilton from now on for just beach days.

The rocks are just one little area- not everywhere.

They are one and the same. Blackbeards Cay is the name of the island. treasure beach snorkeling tour is the name of a particular tour that hides 'dubloon" for you to find while snorkeling and you can trade them in for souveniers or food/drink etc.

The beach is clean, white and sandy.. there's several large outcroppings of rocks. The sea floor is white and sandy with a small amount of sea grass. Really nothing much to see as far as snorkeling is concerned. but a novice would be of here.

Archived