Have cruise lines gotten more generous?

melissa@cruisecritic

I think cruise lines have gotten more generous...  

104 members have voted

1. 1. I think cruise lines have gotten more generous...

• Definitely
    • No way!
    • I'm not sure...

A few storms have come and gone, and a few cruise itineraries have been tweaked along the way. When it comes to offering compensation for hurricane-affected cruises, do you think cruise lines are more generous this year than in the past?

Don't forget: Please post your opinion and experiences. Thanks!

Does Katrina count? (A little over a year ago.) My brother was on the Conquest out of New Orleans when Katrina hit. Carnival offered 50% his next cruise and allowed him to stay an extra night on Galveston to arrange transportation.

That's a tough question, because each cruise line handles problems so differently. Also it is based on each individual "incident" ...so it is hard to make a "blanket" statement.

We have always been treated fairly by Carnival. I guess that is all anyone can ask. Our October cruise last year was cancelled due to the use of the ship for Katrina and they gave us OBC for our upcoming cruise. We were not actually out any money, since we were going to be driving to the port and was able to cancel the precruise hotel reservations. So what Carnival gave us for our "disappointment" was more than fair.

Archived