why more expensive?

howsthis

I was looking at N701 which leaves Sydney on 27th Dec 2006. It is so much more expensive than most other cruises. It would be a great cruise going to different places as usual and missing out on Noumea, which would be nice. I know it's a 12 day cruise but it's over $1000 more expensive than my 11 day cruise in April. Anyone done a similar cruise?

In last weekend's Sunday Mail (Brisbane) they had a 2-for-1 special on the Dec 16th departure of Pacific Star from Brisbane (which will be at sea for Christmas Day) - which suprised me. I wouldn't have expected such a heavy discount on one of the most peak of the peak season cruises.

In last weekend's Sunday Mail (Brisbane) they had a 2-for-1 special on the Dec 16th departure of Pacific Star from Brisbane (which will be at sea for Christmas Day) - which suprised me. I wouldn't have expected such a heavy discount on one of the most peak of the peak season cruises.

I have a feeling that the bad press of late has hurt P&O a little. I used to be a travel agent and in 22 years I have NEVER seen them discount Christmas or New Years Eve cruises. Let's hope the media pulls its head out and realises that had the Brimble incident happened,say, on the Gold Coast, it would have recieved minimum exposure.

OMG, I am shocked! We are on that one, we did get 40% off plus $100 each on board credit. I would have thought it would be sold out by now! I assume its 50% off full brochure price?

OMG, I am shocked! We are on that one, we did get 40% off plus $100 each on board credit. I would have thought it would be sold out by now! I assume its 50% off full brochure price?

Yes, 50% off full price. I don't think it applied to all cabin grades - and the ad wasn't very clear about that.

If we hadn't already got a 2 week holiday in NZ booked for Christmas/New Year we might have been tempted by that saving.

Archived