Do you feel motion more at front or back of ship?

star10

The motion aft seems more like vibration from the the thrusters. It is really noticable in aft dining rooms but seems to decline as you move higher up. The motion up and forward feels more like rolling as you move farther from the pivot point.

The motion aft seems more like vibration from the the thrusters. It is really noticable in aft dining rooms but seems to decline as you move higher up. The motion up and forward feels more like rolling as you move farther from the pivot point.

Oh, those thrusters!!! LOL. We felt and heard them on our first cruise....I didn't know what the hell was going on. Luckily, my husband knew what it was and explained that we were getting into port and they were using the thrusters. I tell ya, that was something to wake up to. :eek: :rolleyes:

That's nothing compared to an anchor being dropped at 6 AM when you've gone to bed at 4. God, I miss those days. ;)

Been a long time since I've been to a tendered port, and longer that I've been fore and ALL THE WAY AT THE BOTTOM. :eek:

If the ship is in rough seas and rocking, it will be rocking everywhere. Probably more motion in some places than others, but still. If the seas are rough, better hold on.

We were mid-ship, low deck, the last time I did not take bonine and encountered rough seas. Sick as a dog. Rocked for days after we got off. Will never get on a ship again without taking bonine.

MexicoBob

We just came off the Pride last Sunday. Ship was rocking pretty good most of the trip. We were in cabin 7111. Veranda deck. We definitely felt the motion more when in our cabin or in the Taj Majal which was below us. Also when we were in the dining room which was way at the back. Mid-ship was a little better. Take Ginger Root. Twice a day. Helps with motion sickness, helps with the digestive track (good when you're eating 8 meals a day! *LOL*), but doesn't make you sleepy. Hubby gets car sick but he did just fine. Nothing like being rocked to sleep at night. I miss it!

Caribbean Dad, our cabin is toward the front of the ship. They had told us it was in the middle, but when we looked at the layout of the ship online, it's actually toward the front (I forget the cabin number, lol).

On the Ecstasy we were toward the front also.

I’m thinking that if it didn’t bother you before, it probably won’t bother you this time either. But as I have said before, if you are the least bit concerned that motion might affect you, be safe rather than sorry, and pack the appropriate remedy. It’s not worth making your cruise miserable. Something else to keep in mind is that I’ve also previously stated that I might not be the best person to speak to how motion affects those sensitive to it. Following a storm front out of Miami last February, the seas were rough enough to cause waves in the forward Lido Pool to splash high enough to reach the Panorama overhang a Deck above it. Instead of getting sick, we were laughing, ordering more DODs and trying to snap a few pictures. :eek: :D

Archived