Miami-Hotel for the Morning ONLY !!

We fly into Miami at 6:15 in the morning on the day that our cruise sets sail. We booked our own airfare, and got a terrific price. Has anyone ever booked a hotel near the port for the morning only ? If so what hotel's do you recommend.

Thanks.

We fly into Miami at 6:15 in the morning on the day that our cruise sets sail. We booked our own airfare, and got a terrific price. Has anyone ever booked a hotel near the port for the morning only ? If so what hotel's do you recommend.

Thanks.

The problem you will probably run into is a room more than likely wont be ready at 7am. While most hotels have a 3pm check in time, often you can get a room earlier.

You might end up spending hours waiting in the hotel lobby. Remember all the people doing pre cruise will be checking out, while you are arriving.

Another option, one I have personally never tried, but might work. You could call up a hotel and reserve and pay for a room for the night before, you could let the hotel know your arrival time, then just check out of the hotel around noon. Again I have never tried that, but it might work.

But, this might all be more stressful that its worth.

Have a great cruise!!

Thank you, Kelly Jean, and Solo Alaskan Crusier. I appreciate your ideas. I was hoping a couple of hours of non interrupted sleep might help before going on board. But it may be a hassle, with luggage and transportation. Maybe the flight will be smooth and quieit. Wishful thinking.

You might try getting a day rate at one of the hotels. On one of our cruises out of Miami, our flight back wasn't until 7pm. We were able to get a day rate at our precruise hotel and was able to use a room and the pool. I think we checked in around 10:30 or 11am. They also only charged us half the rate since we didn't stay overnight. This was at the Wyndham Miami Airport, which is not by the port, but has a free airport shuttle and then a cab was around $18 (flat rate) to the port.

Maybe you can try Budget. You can pick up a rental car at the airport and drop off at the Sheraton Biscayne Bay. The taxi from the Sheraton to the port is about $10.00

For about $50.00 total, you not only have transportation to the pier but also the ability to sightsee before you board.

Saw your message to me re what to do in St Thomas. There is so much to see, but I personally love the water. I just have to get out there and away from the crowds in town. (I'm not much of a shopper) Why not try a half day sail/snorkel with your family? We are booked with http://www.interlinesail.com, and I can recommend them, having used them before. Another idea is to take a taxi around the island- the views are fantastic. Just ask the driver to give you a rate for an island tour before you get in.

Also saw your request re room for a snooze before the cruise. 2 ideas:

1. The Miami International Hotel-lobby located in Terminal E when you arrive, is right in the airport. They have a pool on the roof, good food and bar, fitness center and /some/ sound-proof rooms. They offer daily rates- have used them many times. They say their daily rates are from 10A-6P, but I've arrived there on the red-eye and checked in at 6AM and out by 2PM. Their daily rates vary depending on how many vacanies they have; ask them for the "very best" and see what they will quote you for the time period you are there. You can call them direct at 800-327-1276 or see website

http://www.miahotel.com

2. The Marriott Hotels, South- 1201 NW LeJeune Rd- There are 3 hotels in the very same location, hooked together. The Fairfield Inn, the Courtyard, and the Big Marriott- they share the pool, the restaurants, etc. It's shaped like a big square, with each property having one side with their own lobby, free airport shuttle, check-in. No point in paying the higher Marriott rates when you can pay the Fairfield Inn rate and be at the exact same property.

Check http://www.marriott.com and look for the Fairfield Inn at 1201 NW LeJeune Rd- I almost always use my Marriott points, but think the rate is between $79-89 dollars a night.

Good luck with any of these options.

Has anyone stayed at this hotel? I'm booked in for one night (with young daughter) before cruise. Is it safe to walk around this area...not familiar with Miami at all. I heard there is a large shopping centre across the street--is this correct?

Any info on this hotel or area of Miam is appreciated.

Cheers,

summercruisin

soemthing you may consider--is booking a room using priceline-using http://www.biddingfortravel.com

bid for the room for the night before. A few days before you arrive call them and tell them the bed configurations you want and tell them you wont be arriving until 7am the next morning. We have got the Hyatt for 38 bucks.

Archived