LA transfers

ronjoh

We will be cruising out of LA in Jan on the Diamond Princess. We will likely overnight in LA (near the airport) the night before the cruise.

Is transportation to the ship (and from the ship) readily available or should we book through Princess? I imagine it will cost more by booking through Princess and maybe we will be provided with some priority when disembarking?

I would appreciate any advise? Thanks

As several other posts have suggested here recently, you may want to look at flying into Long Beach instead of LAX. Smaller airport, way less crowded, more to do locally and right by the beach and a quick trip over 2 bridges to San Pedro Port.... check out some of the others threads - I know there are a couple more active on this very topic.....:p

I adore Princess cruises & cruising. After our experience last year with a Princess transfer from LAX to the Sapphire, I would never, ever again do a Princess transfer. They had us waiting at LAX for 3 horrible hours in discomfort, all the while being told that the "bus is on its way". Never, ever again. It is very easy to hire a cab or shuttle van. - Susie

Princess offers transport from LAX on the day of embarkation, but you do not get any special priority boarding--just get in line with any other passengers arriving at the same time. Less costly shuttle service is available from the local area shuttle companies--Supershuttle.com is one of several. Plus you pick when you want to leave, not when Princess has a full bus.

One hint, if you stay near LAX, pick up your transfer at the airport, not your hotel (so pick a hotel with a free shuttle back to the airport). Otherwise you pay extra for being picked up at your hotel and then going down to the port.

Archived