hose on formal night?

MrsFMarkB

Okay, guys, I need your help please. I'm such a fashion illiterate!

For last cruise, I bought strappy heels for formal night.....no hose as I was told. Now I think I heard that was out and hose were back in? Problem is, I don't have dressy enough heels that can be worn with hose. I'm wearing a long skirt that flares at the hem.

Is the "no-hose/strappy heel" still okay?

For last cruise, I bought strappy heels for formal night.....no hose as I was told. Now I think I heard that was out and hose were back in? Problem is, I don't have dressy enough heels that can be worn with hose. I'm wearing a long skirt that flares at the hem.

No hose for strappy heels or most open toed shoes.

Ya know what - no one is going to look at your open-toed shoes, point at them & say walk the plank, you're wearing nylons! And if you are wearing a long skirt, no one else is even going to see your tootsies.

If you are more comfortable wearing nylons, by all means, wear them. Even in the Caribbean. May I just suggest the sheerest ones you can find?

I thought my legs looked better in the dead of winter with a touch of color, but discovered that in strappy shoes, because there is little support, my feet were more slippy-slidy with sheer nylons, so I don't wear them with a cocktail dress anymore. Instead I'll just use my Jergens Natural Glow & a great pedicure. :)

Hose are neither "in" nor "out" in general.

The agreed fashion edict is that if you're wearing very strappy sandals then bare feet/legs is better.

If you're in a closed toe shoe, then choose whichever you prefer - hose or no hose.

Archived