Onboard Future Cruise Booking US vs CDN

Cruise Junky

Hi - can someone clear something up for me. When do you have an option to put the future deposit in either Canadian or US $ and how is it determined how you can use it. I've seen some threads were if it were booked in US$ you couldn't use it having a Canadian Travel Agent and if you booked the cruise you're on in CDN the Future one had to be booked in CDN...I'm confused!!!! Thanks

Hi - can someone clear something up for me. When do you have an option to put the future deposit in either Canadian or US $ and how is it determined how you can use it. I've seen some threads were if it were booked in US$ you couldn't use it having a Canadian Travel Agent and if you booked the cruise you're on in CDN the Future one had to be booked in CDN...I'm confused!!!! Thanks

when we have done our FCC deposit on board, we were given the option of paying in US or CDN (we are CDN folks living in Canada)....we paid in US, but we do that because we use a US travel agent.

We have had the same dilemma .....we are from Ontario . We now book our FCC in USD because we use a U.S. online agency . It is best to keep everything in one currency . If you book with a Canadian T.A. book your FCC in Canadian dollars .You have the option ...just tick off your preference of currency . Hope that is clear .

All clear.... what my concern is, our cruise in November was a gift from friends (yeah, I know, tough life).... they used a Canadian TA. I don't ever use a Canadian TA, I use a US one, so I didn't want to book an FCC on that November cruise and be forced to book in Canadian when it came time to use it.

All clear.... what my concern is, our cruise in November was a gift from friends (yeah, I know, tough life).... they used a Canadian TA. I don't ever use a Canadian TA, I use a US one, so I didn't want to book an FCC on that November cruise and be forced to book in Canadian when it came time to use it.

just because your Nov. cruise was booked with a CDN TA, it does not mean that you must use that TA again...you can use whatever TA you wish and it does not need to be determined who you use when you book an FCC....that FCC can be tranferred to any TA whenever you wish. Get your FCC and then when you get home, find your best price, and go forward from there.

Does that help?

just because your Nov. cruise was booked with a CDN TA, it does not mean that you must use that TA again...you can use whatever TA you wish and it does not need to be determined who you use when you book an FCC....that FCC can be tranferred to any TA whenever you wish. Get your FCC and then when you get home, find your best price, and go forward from there.

Does that help?

Perfect - thank you :)

Archived