Hawaii Island Hopping Cruise Private Tours in each port of call

marcyjane

Anyone book private tours in Hawaii, if so please tell me with who and how you like it and what you did.

Will be on Pride of Aloha in May 2007. Been looking at the shore excurision that NCL offers and it's hard to choose. I been searching the web to find tours of the ports of call in Hawaii, Kauai, Hilo, Kona, Maui, to find a private tour. I found and see a lot of tour and I've even call the 800 #'s and ask about during a tour on our own with pick up at the pier and can't find one yet that does that.

We are late 50's and really enjoy seeing the ports landscape and well known sites and enjoy walking on the beach and relaxing as well, but are really not water sports people, and don't mind a walking tour, but not a hiking tour. As well not much into the tours were it says "flight".

A lot of time on past cruises we have searched the web and found private tours and all have been great and worked out well and got to see more than we would have seen on the ship tour.

Oh, as well some of the sites for tours in Hawaii that I go to on the web has a link about the tours on the web site and says click here "if you are a cruise ship passenger and then when you click on that link it takes you to NCL shore excurisions. Maybe NCL has a deal with the tour companies to not book indepented private tours.

Any help will we appreicated.

Thanks,

Marcy

We just booked with http://www.airventureshawaii.com/ on Kauai for the one hour flight. This is in a plane, not helicopter and it's an hour long. Looks like good viewing for pictures. I was told we'd be the only two in the plane along with the pilot so no squeezing in like the helicopter ride we did in Alaska. I talked with the owner and she was very helpful and they do have a toll free number for questions.

Forgot to mention that in Honolulu we plan on trekking up to Diamond Head. They say it's about 100 steps and nice picture taking opportunity at the top. I am also interested in tour to take on our own on Hilo, Kona and Maui.

We just booked with http://www.airventureshawaii.com/ on Kauai for the one hour flight. This is in a plane, not helicopter and it's an hour long. Looks like good viewing for pictures. I was told we'd be the only two in the plane along with the pilot so no squeezing in like the helicopter ride we did in Alaska. I talked with the owner and she was very helpful and they do have a toll free number for questions.

This is an excellent tour. Hope you get Billy as your pilot. he owns the plane and is has lived in the islands all his life. He also is a commercial pilot, so he only can fly these tours when he is off from his regular flights in Alaska! We got great pictures. It was a gorgeous day early last June. This view of the island should NOT be missed!!!!

Archived