Intrepid's New Home will be Cape Liberty

Hello All,

I thought this was intersting so I figured I'd post it. As some of you may or may not know, The Intrepid Sea, Air & Space Museum...will depart her berth at Pier 86 on or about Veterans Day, 11 November 2006, for drydock and structural repair at Bayonne Drydock & Repair Corporation. Following drydock Intrepid will undergo major interior and exterior exhibit overhaul and refurbishment. This will include exhibit installation and upgrade, maintenance of her entire aircraft collection, and acquisition of new historic aircraft.

And where is the Bayonne Drydock & Repair Corporation you ask? That is the drydock right next to Cape Liberty... you pass it on the road (final turn) to check in.

Mike "Pasta"

Hello All,

I thought this was intersting so I figured I'd post it. As some of you may or may not know, The Intrepid Sea, Air & Space Museum...will depart her berth at Pier 86 on or about Veterans Day, 11 November 2006, for drydock and structural repair at Bayonne Drydock & Repair Corporation. Following drydock Intrepid will undergo major interior and exterior exhibit overhaul and refurbishment. This will include exhibit installation and upgrade, maintenance of her entire aircraft collection, and acquisition of new historic aircraft.

And where is the Bayonne Drydock & Repair Corporation you ask? That is the drydock right next to Cape Liberty... you pass it on the road (final turn) to check in.

Mike "Pasta"

Yes, it's where they spray paint all over our cars.

Archived