Hampton Inn, Fort Lauderdale

Dorie7

If you go into tripadvisor, you will see all the bad comments.

Are we talking the same Quality Inn on Stirling rd?

Linda

:)La Quinta is great not Comfort Inn.

I was talking about the Comfort Inn directly next door to the Hampton Inn both on Stirling Rd. We've also stayed at the LaQuinta on the other side of the shopping center.

Wow, we've stayed there twice and so far haven't experienced any of these horrible things!!! As a matter of fact we are staying there again next month. Never saw any ladies of the night, dirty room, bugs, and our locks worked, most folks have been cruisers! The majority of the people were 40 years old and above. Of course, we've only stayed on Friday, Saturday or Sunday nights so maybe things are different during the week. Even the staff were quite friendly. Maybe we've just been fortunate! :D

Sorry if you've had a bad experience. I've suggested to our friends to stay there and they had no complaints.

Georgette,

Please check out what they are saying today.

Linda

Hi Linda,

I knew they were renovating the Comfort Inn when we were at the Hampton Inn last month. Great review for the Comfort Inn.

When we stayed at the Comfort Inn in January our room was an older room but it was clean (no mold), the bed was comfortable and the people that worked there were very pleasant. We were told then there was a new owner and he would be renovating the property. Guess he did what he said he would do. I'm glad we're staying there next month.

Thanks for telling me about the new review. :D

• 2 weeks later...

THANKS for the info here, GEORGETTE!

We are staying at the Hampton next week and plan on walking over to this plaza for dinner and some last minute cruise things!

:)

I guess common sense needs to kick in at any city you're not used to. We did walk to the Taco Bell after dark and did not feel threatened. We have reservations for next month at the Comfort Inn on Stirling which is right next door to the Hampton. We're actually looking forward to the convenience of the fast food and the shopping.

We have also walked back from the shopping center in the evening and again didn't feel threatened. Being aware of your surroundings is always a prudent thing to do no matter where you are.

If you'd like to go to other restaurants there are some on the other side of the shopping center so you may want to take a taxi over there. Plus there are movie theatres over the also.

Oakwood Plaza: List of Tenants

·Dave and Buster's ·Hollywood Ale House ·McDonalds ·Moonlite Diner ·Renaissance Subs ·Sweet Tomatoes ·T.G.I. Friday's ·Taco Bell ·Avenue ·BJ's Wholesale Club ·Barnes & Noble Booksellers ·Big K-Mart ·Diamond & Jewelry Exchange ·Dollar Star ·Famous Footwear ·GNC ·Hair Cuttery ·Home Depot Oakwood ·KB Toy Works ·Linen Supermarket ·MacFrugal's ·Marshalls ·Mattress Giant ·Office Max ·Old Navy ·Party Supermarket ·Payless Shoes ·PetSmart ·Rag Shop ·Rave ·Repp Big & Tall ·Supercuts

Hope this information helps.

We stayed at the Comfort Inn on Sterling on our first FLL cruise (this is going back a few years). The motel itself was nice and the breakfast was nice. However, there WERE HOOKERS walking around right outside our motel room door (our room had outside access) late at night and it made me feel unsafe. I also got several sand flea bites that cruise (an entire rash of them) and I don't know if it came from the Comfort Inn or the cruiseship itself.

In the morning, there was a "herd" of people going to the port. I was glad we had rented a car as it was total chaos with people checking out and trying to get to the port. I stood in line just to checkout for over 30 minutes. I was so upset that I refused to stay there for our post-cruise stay.

Our last 2 cruises, we've stayed off 17th Street, however, recently hotel prices there have really gone up in price (Embassy Suites, Grande Hotel Hyatt, and Renaissance), but our stays have been really good. The water taxi is closeby and is a lot of fun and we may "pay the price" to stay there again just to enjoy that.

I'd love to find a hotel in FLL that is in a "good, safe area" that doesn't charge an "arm and a leg" to stay at.

I'd love to find a hotel in FLL that is in a "good, safe area" that doesn't charge an "arm and a leg" to stay at.

Next time try the Sleep Inn in Dania or LaQuinta Inn & Suites Hollywood they both fit the bill for what your looking for. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

I just returned from the Hampton Inn Airport North (12th Street) for my pre-cruise stay. Although I might have preferred a more 'beachy' environment to start the cruise, it was really a perfect place to begin to unwind for our trip.

The shuttle picked us up from the airport promptly. Check-in was easy, the room was impeccable, pool was nice enough, and although we didn't make use of it, there was a shopping area a block away (Winn-Dixie supermarket, liquor store, a few fast food type of restaurants...it looked like a safe walk.)

The shuttle driver and front desk had recommendations for restaurants, and were willing to take us and pick us up. They recommend the 'Rendezvous'; I read on other forums that they must have a deal with them. Instead we asked to be dropped off at Los Olas Riverfront where there were several restaurants, shops; a very pleasant area to spend a few hours. Hamptons breakfast was fine - just enough to hold us over until we got to the Windjammer Cafe on the Radiance!

Make sure you request the shuttle to the pier at check-in. We got the first shuttle and were on board by 1pm. I would stay there again.

I just returned from the Hampton Inn Airport North (12th Street) for my pre-cruise stay. Although I might have preferred a more 'beachy' environment to start the cruise, it was really a perfect place to begin to unwind for our trip.

The shuttle picked us up from the airport promptly. Check-in was easy, the room was impeccable, pool was nice enough, and although we didn't make use of it, there was a shopping area a block away (Winn-Dixie supermarket, liquor store, a few fast food type of restaurants...it looked like a safe walk.)

The shuttle driver and front desk had recommendations for restaurants, and were willing to take us and pick us up. They recommend the 'Rendezvous'; I read on other forums that they must have a deal with them. Instead we asked to be dropped off at Los Olas Riverfront where there were several restaurants, shops; a very pleasant area to spend a few hours. Hamptons breakfast was fine - just enough to hold us over until we got to the Windjammer Cafe on the Radiance!

Make sure you request the shuttle to the pier at check-in. We got the first shuttle and were on board by 1pm. I would stay there again.

Agree with everything Delacruz said. Stayed here last year. Staff was extremely helpful and polite, especially the desk. Rooms were immaculately clean and in excellent shape. Very pretty place. Must have been a new place or recently renovated. Wonderful first class matresses. The area was a little on the worn side, but didn't seem unsafe to us, at least during the day. Inn does not front on main street (W sr 84), but rather a side street (sw 12th ave). The area didn't detract from the stay as the Inn was on a really contained and nicely maintained little property. Exterior doors (other than the main entrance) accessible only by room key with security cams. It was nice and convenient to walk across the side street to the Winn-Dixie and other strip mall stores for pre-cruise supplies. It was literally steps away. More like walking across a driveway. We don't eat big before cruises, so also walked a few steps away to the McDonalds for a snack to take back to the room. All in all, a nice place for the money. Wasn't "cheap" at $138 including tax, but again very nice service and beautiful rooms. After a long cross country flight, we just wanted a nice place to relax for a night with shuttle from the airport AND to the port, and that is exactly what we got.

Just back and HAPPY to report that the Hampton Inn on Stirling Road in Hollywood was just perfect! :)

Quick pick-up at airport, fast check in, nice room, good breakfast featuring ham and eggs in the morning, and great location, with a whole plaza full of shopping and restaurants right next door! In fact, you have to walk right by a Taco Bell and a McDonalds to get to the plaza, where we ate at (and can easily recommend!) the Moonlight Diner at the other end of the plaza parking lot.

At 11 o'clock the next morning, the shuttle was there to take us to the cruise. No worries, Mon! :D

We never felt the area was not safe, as there were all kinds of lights and people around the stores and restaurants.

The best part was...with so many people recommending the other Hampton, this one was surprisingly quiet and less crowded!

Just back and HAPPY to report that the Hampton Inn on Stirling Road in Hollywood was just perfect! :)

Quick pick-up at airport, fast check in, nice room, good breakfast featuring ham and eggs in the morning, and great location, with a whole plaza full of shopping and restaurants right next door! In fact, you have to walk right by a Taco Bell and a McDonalds to get to the plaza, where we ate at (and can easily recommend!) the Moonlight Diner at the other end of the plaza parking lot.

At 11 o'clock the next morning, the shuttle was there to take us to the cruise. No worries, Mon! :D

We never felt the area was not safe, as there were all kinds of lights and people around the stores and restaurants.

The best part was...with so many people recommending the other Hampton, this one was surprisingly quiet and less crowded!

Hi New 2 Cruisin -

Thanks for the great review. We've stayed there is the past and never felt unsafe. We really liked the convenience of the shopping and restaurants. The shuttle is also great. I hope it's not very crowded when we are there next Friday.

Thanks again. Georgette

Archived