Increase in cost for the Entertainment Tours bus

Smellytoes

I received a call from my TA today telling me the cost for this bus went from 50pp to 75pp. With 6 of us going DH suggested we drive to NYC the day before, stay in a hotel and just drive to the pier. I'm thinking it will still be a lot cheaper to take the bus. What I want to know is what is the best hotel closest to the pier and how much is parking at the pier these days?

The Skyline is near the pier. A friend of mine was dating a Dawn crew member and stayed there regularly. I personally don't see how that would work out to be more affordable.

Also don't forget the luggage for 6 could be a challenge in one car.

It looks like it would be $24 per day with a max of $180 to park at the pier.

www.nypst.com

I received a call from my TA today telling me the cost for this bus went from 50pp to 75pp. With 6 of us going DH suggested we drive to NYC the day before, stay in a hotel and just drive to the pier. I'm thinking it will still be a lot cheaper to take the bus. What I want to know is what is the best hotel closest to the pier and how much is parking at the pier these days?
I am a family of 6 who has taken the Dawn from NYC. I think you would be better off paying the extra $150- for the bus. The gas and parking ($180-) is going to be more than that.

We too had the great idea of putting all the luggage on top of the car, and what a pain it was to get it all back up there at the end of the cruise:eek: We bought so much the kids each had a bag on their laps:D

Thanks for your reply. He thinks he's going to put the luggage on top of the minivan. I can see us now, it will be like the "Griswolds go to New York:lol

Sounds like fun - unload it all and take it into the hotel - check out in the morning - get the van from the lot - load it all back on the roof - drive 5 blocks to the pier - unload it all again - vacation time.:D

Extra fun if it rains or snows ;)

Let me do the math 6x75 = $450

2 rooms NYC with taxes and fees = $450

If gas and parking are free makes sense.

Sounds like fun - unload it all and take it into the hotel - check out in the morning - get the van from the lot - load it all back on the roof - drive 5 blocks to the pier - unload it all again - vacation time.:D

Extra fun if it rains or snows ;)

Let me do the math 6x75 = $450

2 rooms NYC with taxes and fees = $450

If gas and parking are free makes sense.

I think we'd be better off just driving ourselves in early in the a.m. That way we'd only have to load/unload once instead of loading into taxi/unloading at bus terminal/loading onto bus, ect, ect. But I can't rely on DH to get us to the port without getting hopelessly lost. My DS had a hockey tournement on the other side of the city and somehow they ended up at the port.

Archived