Best Ship for Family Staterooms?

vacation fool

Want to do a spring or early fall mediteranean cruise with our daughter as a college graduation present in 2010. Sounds like a long way off but i have read there are not many family staterooms available. Which cruiselines that offer this type of cruise have the best family cabins? Has anyone done this cruise in this type of cabin recently? Anxious to hear comments. Thanks Andrea:)

Just as a comment, 2 weeks ago, I booked a royal family suite for our cruise in March 2008. At that time, there were 3 or 4 available. I don't think that you will be able to book anything for 2010, before 2008 at the earliest. I was also told that the minimum # of people you can book in an RFS, is 5 people. This was on the Liberty of the Seas. I'm not sure if the other family suites are different or if they are different on the other cruise lines.

On Royal Caribbean, rooms for 3 people that would have any kind of partition at all would be the Grand Suite, Owners Suite, or the Royal Suite. In the Grand Suite and Owners Suite the partition would only be a curtain coming across the room. If you really want some privacy you might look at getting 2 rooms, but you would have to pay the singles supplement in one of the rooms, but that way you would also have a bathroom.

On most lines the family staterooms are for a minimum of 4 people or more.

Want to do a spring or early fall mediteranean cruise with our daughter as a college graduation present in 2010. Sounds like a long way off but i have read there are not many family staterooms available. Which cruiselines that offer this type of cruise have the best family cabins? Has anyone done this cruise in this type of cabin recently? Anxious to hear comments. Thanks Andrea:)

I do not think that the cruise lines know which ships are going to sail the Med. in 2010....I like to plan ahead too :) !

You did not mention a specific cruise line so here is my 2 cents,

The AB Penthouse suites on NCL Dawn, Jewel, Pearl (late 2006), and Gem (late 2007) are about 575 square feet, living room, dining area, 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms, balcony, butler, jacuzzi tub in master suite. You will be able to pay the lower 3rd person rate instead of the higher rate you would pay for 2 cabins. You do not have to have a minimum of 4 people to book one of these. I have heard of some people booking them for 2 just becaue of the wonderful bathroom!

We are going to be in one of these next summer for the first time!

There are also Courtyard Villas and Garden Villas on these ships which look truly amazing with your own private outdoor areas with a hot tub.....Wow!

The NCL Jewel is the ship that has been doing the Med. cruises summer/fall of 2005, 2006, 2007.

Have fun planning and researching options.

some celebrity ships have what they call FV family cabins.. a divider wall separating the couch area.. I know people who have gotten these cabins for only 2 pax altho they will try and tell you they are for 4 or more..so you shouldn't have any trouble booking one for 3 people.. they are not considered a suite so your cost will not be that high.. they are great cabins...

Archived