Anytime Dining Experts

jeana

Hi Everyone,

I am planning to travel solo in a few months and have often cruised on Princess with traditional dining. Although I have met many wonderful people this way, it hasn't always worked out well as some nights my tablemates elect to go Specialty Dining or their own way, and I've been the only one at the table (how awkward is that...)

I am considering this time to go Anytime Dining -- the truth is I enjoy meeting new people. Has anyone who has gone Anytime Dining ever had a problem being placed at a table with other diners or do most people who choose Anytime Dining already have their own dinner parties?

Thanks

Jeana

I agree you will have no trouble with Anytime. The groups/families that don't want to meet new folks will generally ask for a table just for their group, and those that want to meet wonderful new people such as yourself will ask to be seated with others. This way, you have the opportunity to meet many new people every night of the cruise, not just one assigned table of dining mates.

My wife and I choose it simply because we want to talk over our day, plan the next day and mainly just want to be together and alone.I imagine if you spoke to the right person they would accommodate your every wish.

CIAO,

Your situation is ideal for Anytime Dining! That's the very concept of Anytime Dining -- that you'll be seated according to your own preferences. It applies whether you prefer a table for two with a dining companion of your own choosing or whether you prefer a table for ten with dining companions assigned for the evening by the maitre'd.

Enjoy!

We had a small problem with it. On the Dawn there were serveral large tour groups and while we attempted to get reservations from day one we were told there was nothing until after 9pm. IMHO way to late to eat. So we did Pizza

place which was good and buffett which was ok so do keep that in mind

and get there the second you get on the ship. We waited until after it sailed and it was to late for us.

The one cruise when we had anytime dining did not work out well for us. We prefer to eat late--and frequently got there after 9:00. Our first night on board was an exception. We got there a little after 7:00 and had to wait for a table.

We also enjoy eating with others. Unfortunately, no one else arriving when we did was requesting to do so. We ended up tables for two the whole cruise. So, if you want to eat with others, be sure to show up during the busy times.

My husband and I just returned from a b2b on the Diamond and had PC dining as usual. We always ask to be seated with others and have many times been placed at a table with a solo cruiser and or cruisers....it worked well for us and for them. Great to meet new people.

My husband and I were on the Sun Princess in July and had anytime dining. We liked being able to eat when we got hungry. The one problem we had was one night we were seated at a table for 10 in the middle of the room. Several people ordered several courses and one person ordered every course. We had to wait until all were done with all courses before we were served our entre. It took an hour and a half. I was very upset, wanted to eat and go out to the deck to watch for whales and it just dragged on. I finally asked the waiter, who told me he had to wait until the other person (who talked and ate so slowly) was done with all his courses. We missed the whales. After that we requested seating for two or four to keep it simple.

I am choosing anytime dining on my upcoming cruise because the last cruise we were always rushing to get to the traditional on time, and my mother would get upset when I kept explaining to her that its time encentive and had to rush her to get out of the cabin. Some of our excursions are going to be the pm shift so we could take our time getting ready and it may be more fun to meet different people because we never really saw our table mates on the ship except dinner time which was ok though.

Archived