Bequia question about sheraton yankee clipper

jagmanss1

Bequia,

Is the Sheraton Yankee Clipper really as run down as they all say it is? Hey!!!! For a late Nov. Cruise that it was going for over $200 Per night and on a certain website is now $99 is it worth switching from the sleep Inn Same price... Dania..... We did stay there once about 4 yrs ago and thought it was a cool ocean hotel site.... Is it not worth it now? We did really like the outdoor pool deck/bar and beach Access and indoor bar area......

Thanks for responding so quick, But it would not be a 1 night stay, But 2 and would be ..... Thanksgiving/day night and the next day/night before our cruise with about A total of 6 people... Not just us 2 and am wondering if they would like it also as they like the beach/pool/bar....Etc. Are there places to eat around for thanksgiving day ...........could you give some options as where to dine for Thanksgiving in that area, We already know about the rustic inn for Friday.....

Thanks for any input.....

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Steve, are you still staying there? I just booked in on Priceline

for 85.00:)

Oh I just realized you are sailing next month....I am going in

December.

If you end up staying there will you post a review?

Thanks....Go Jags:D

Hi Steve, are you still staying there? I just booked in on Priceline

for 85.00:)

Oh I just realized you are sailing next month....I am going in

December.

If you end up staying there will you post a review?

Thanks....Go Jags:D

Lois, We are not staying at the Seraton Yankee Clipper, But at the Sleep Inn in Dania as most seem to think is A better choice including Bequia and others who live in this area.... We are going with a group of people and they didn't want to take the chance, But if it were just the 2 of us I would not hesitate to stay there as we have in the past.... You got a steal for that price and can't go wrong.... On the beach, w/pool overlooking the beach, Tiki hut bar, And parasailing offered there as well..... Run down as some have said!!!! I can't beleive it.... For beach front you did great, And make sure you go to the bar that has the view of the water which is a pool..... A famouse movie was made at this local... Don't remember the name of it, But Robert Denero played in it.... You will enjoy it.....

Oh!!! And yes!!! Go Jags:D

For what it's worth enjoy the Clipper while you can. Take lots of pictures. It looks like it will be torn down and replaced with a new branded hotel aiming for the exclusive "5" star category.

The new, international luxury brand is called "1" Hotel and Residences and will incorporate, as the name implies, private residences as well as hotel rooms.

1 is going to be 1 big eco-friendly luxury chain, with the first 1 opening in downtown Seattle in 2008. The 1 brand will also feature residences and is designed to compete with Starwood's current luxury lines as well as the Ritz and the Four Seasons.

Industry insiders don't see the FLL property opening until 2008-2009. They're trying to decide whether to tear down the Clipper or the Trader. My guess is the Clipper. ;)

Hi Steve, thanks for the reply:)

Well, the reviews on TripAdvisor were mixed. I am there now;)

and hopefully I will be in the more positive mix part.

Then again, I have read lots of things from folks who had

stayed at Amerisuites who hated it....while I had 2 very

good stays.

The total on Priceline was 102.00 (including the fees and

taxes).

I am sure I will be ok:D

Hope the Jags can go out and beat the Texans...you

know they ALWAYS give us hard time:eek:

For what it's worth enjoy the Clipper while you can. Take lots of pictures. It looks like it will be torn down and replaced with a new branded hotel aiming for the exclusive "5" star category.

The new, international luxury brand is called "1" Hotel and Residences and will incorporate, as the name implies, private residences as well as hotel rooms.

1 is going to be 1 big eco-friendly luxury chain, with the first 1 opening in downtown Seattle in 2008. The 1 brand will also feature residences and is designed to compete with Starwood's current luxury lines as well as the Ritz and the Four Seasons.

Industry insiders don't see the FLL property opening until 2008-2009. They're trying to decide whether to tear down the Clipper or the Trader. My guess is the Clipper. ;)

Hi Bequia, thanks for the post. After taking a few weeks to decide

I am now staying there. You probably remember I was going to

Amersuites again but decided to try for Priceline.

It came up with the Clipper. As long as my room is clean and

the bathroom too......I will be ok:)

How close is a Water Taxi Stop from here?

Hi Lois, Across the street is the Bahia Mar with a water taxi stop in their marina. I'm sure you'll be fine for one night in the Clipper, besides it's always nice to be right on the ocean. ;)

Hi Bequia, thank you:) I will be walking across the street then;)

I have to admit, I LOVE Las Olas Blvd:D just to window shop,

then find a place to eat, drink and people watch.

It is such a fun and funky area!

////////

Lois, there's a great new service you should take advantage of. For 50 cents you can take the Sun Trolley to 17th Street and the new Harbor Shops. It runs every 15 minutes. It will also take you north on A1A to Las Olas Blvd and beyond.

Here's the route map:

http://www.suntrolley.com/bus_route-maps/convention.html

Thanks for the reviews of the Clipper. I am booked in for two nights; post cruise; booked on line in a bid process for $120 for February. I thought the rate FAIR; as most places are going for $150+ per night the week we are there.

////////

Lois, there's a great new service you should take advantage of. For 50 cents you can take the Sun Trolley to 17th Street and the new Harbor Shops. It runs every 15 minutes. It will also take you north on A1A to Las Olas Blvd and beyond.

Here's the route map:

http://www.suntrolley.com/bus_route-maps/convention.html

Thank you:D :) this looks good! For .50!!!! Can't get a cup of

coffee for that anymore......;)

Archived