Rotterdam Location Question

ellieanne

Today on a web-cam from St. John's, Newfoundland a HAL ship was in port. Does anyone know if this was the Rotterdam? And if so, does anyone know the itinterary? I checked the HAL website, but as far as I could tell they had already deleted this cruise.

Just curious. I had such a nice time when I stopped there on the Rotterdam last June...they were even thoughtful enough to have icebergs in the harbour while I was there.

Thanks for your help.

Yes, it was the Rotterdam and I was told the weather was beautiful! They now have two days at sea before reaching Nuuk, Greenland, then on to Iceland, Scotland, Orkney Islands, Bergen, Norway; Kristiansand, Norway, and Oslo before reaching Copenhagen, Denmark. Just hope their weather is better than the last cruise!

Thanks for your replies.

The ship in port had two funnels. I was on her last year, but from the far-away vantage point of the web-cam it was hard to read the ship's name on the side, though if you know what you are looking for, you could make out the HAL logo on the funnel, and the black bottomed ships do make them distinctive.

I thought it might be the Rotterdam because the 2004 calendar indicated that the Amsterdam was in Alaska, and despite the fact that my older brother tried to send us to Vancouver early for our 1998 Canada/New England cruise, St. John's is on the wrong side of the country for the Amsterdam to be there from Alaska.

I do hope they have wonderful weather. Though it will be VERY hard to beat the sleet and freezing rain I had last June. It was June and this girl from New Orelans was bundled up to ward off freezing. It was fantastic!!! I doubt I will be that lucky with the weater this November in the Carribbean.

I am sorry the Maasdam is not stopping at St. John's. It was such a lovely place. I would like to spend more time there. It seemed a perfect place to really vacation-vacation. Maybe my next land vacation with be there.

Archived