What is missing on todays cruises???

suey

I was thinking of starting a thread on what people miss from the cruises of yesteryear with all the changes happening but I am not sure if this would be fair for first time cruisers. What do others think???:(

Beer quoits are gone? :eek: They were alive and well on the cruise on the Pacific Sun in June 2006. Just 4 months ago.

They were very popular too.

Jenny

>^..^<

Apparently they have been missing the last few cruises. BTW Kezza, Sandra knew exactly who I was talking about when I mentioned your comments about the backpack beer quoits person.

Don't they do the morning show anymore? Last cruise they had the rundown but no comps. Our first cruise we won a tshirt.

The morning show was excellent when Shona & Demo did it.

Dan Styne was doing it on Pacific Star earlier in the year, but his version was basically an infomercial for the beauty salon, duty free shops, and anything else you had to pay to use. When he wasn't selling things for them, he was selling himself to inflate his ego even further.

Hi, I agree that it's a shame beer quoits are gone, but I also miss the morning tv show with a quiz and telling us of the specials in shops, drink of the day etc.

regards Lorraine:) :)

The morning TV show was still on with the song of the day quiz and a chat about the pacific daily and whats on:)

I miss many little things a glass of champers at the Captains Gala dinner, the little koalas on your serviettes at the last dinner, the dining room decorations and waiters dressing for each theme, midnight buffet, crepes suzette cooked by the head waiters at the champagne waterfall, free tea, coffee and biscuit trays served by your cabin stewards any time during the day (always used to have one before getting dressed for dinner), belly flop comp, bender gender night, passenger partricipation shows and dressing up for theme nights. All little things I know but missed :)

Hi, I agree with Suey. the Koala etc was a lovely little reminder of the cruise. the belly flop, I loved watching that.

Suey , you lucky you , with the morning show. I really missed that in July.

Although it was always great with Demo and Shona ,even Dan. but James and Michael (when he was deputy), messed around too much for me.

regards, Lorraine:) :)

Hi, I agree with Suey. the Koala etc was a lovely little reminder of the cruise. the belly flop, I loved watching that.

Suey , you lucky you , with the morning show. I really missed that in July.

Although it was always great with Demo and Shona ,even Dan. but James and Michael (when he was deputy), messed around too much for me.

regards, Lorraine:) :)

"the little koalas on your serviettes at the last dinner, the dining room decorations and waiters dressing for each theme, midnight buffet,"

I forgot about the little koalas, they were such a good idea and the waiters all dressing up on the theme nights, that was great fun. The dining staff always got into the theme of the night.

I miss many little things a glass of champers at the Captains Gala dinner, the little koalas on your serviettes at the last dinner, the dining room decorations and waiters dressing for each theme, midnight buffet, crepes suzette cooked by the head waiters at the champagne waterfall, free tea, coffee and biscuit trays served by your cabin stewards any time during the day (always used to have one before getting dressed for dinner), belly flop comp, bender gender night, passenger partricipation shows and dressing up for theme nights. All little things I know but missed :)

I agree, I remember the little koalas at dinner and I miss the more fun theme nights. Like Gender Bender, what fun that was! :) I agree with you about the midnight buffet. I miss that too. I know we eat alot on cruises anyway, it was good to have the option to eat at midnight at the buffet.

Does anyone know why they don't do gender bender or belly flop competition anymore? :confused:

I haven't cruised yet, but I will be very disappointed if they don't have pyjama night or passenger talent night. I can do belly dancing and hula!

I will also be very disappointed if people don't dress up for the formal nights.

Don't they have passenger participation shows or pj night or passenger talent show anymore? Would be a pity if they got rid of them.:mad: We don't want our aussie cruises becoming all stuffy like overseas cruises! :(:eek: I am sure they are good, but we like our fun! :D

There was a pj night on my cruise in March.

Don't they have passenger participation shows or pj night or passenger talent show anymore? Would be a pity if they got rid of them.:mad: We don't want our aussie cruises becoming all stuffy like overseas cruises! :(:eek: I am sure they are good, but we like our fun! :D

There was a pj night on my cruise in March.

PJ night and passenger participation shows are finished but the passenger talent show is still running:)

Archived