Connecting Rooms

We are going to be sailing on the Serenade of the Seas (D1 balcony) and I realized that our travel agent booked us a "connecting room". Are these rooms noisier than other rooms?. Can you hear noise or movement from the connecting room? I was just wondering if it was worth trying to change rooms.

I am new to the boards and have found them to be a wealth of information. Ii would appreciate any advice from those who have stayed in a connecting room.

If you can change to a non-connecting room, that would be better. The rooms themselves are pretty well insulated from noise, but there's only so much they can do to soundproof a door! If you have noisy neighbors, you will hear them. (And they, you!)

Tell your TA to find another room!

Also, on Explorer the connecting cabins did not have a couch- only a chair because of the door.

I did not care- but apparently my mother does and she has moved rooms from a connecting OV (connecting to me) to an interior so she could have a couch instead of the chair.

The only thing I didn't like about the connecting room was the fact that in place of a loveseat, you only get a chair since the door takes up the space. I like the lovesest...more room the stretch out.

Archived