Ports of Call R635 Peach Sunsets

Hi all,

Firstly let me say that you have been so generous with your feedback and I'm sure I will oodles of questions over the next 15 days. Today's is about the non-shore tour stops. Accourning to the P&O website, Peach Sunsets stops at 6 ports. My question is what happens at Lifou, Wala and Champagne Bay? Do we get to walk the beaches and have a swim? Is there anything else to do at these 3 places? Where can one do some snorkelling over a reef? I believe the locals set up trade stalls on the beach.

Thanks lots,

Kinka

You have pretty much got it right. They are all beach stops. Wala and Lifou both have market stalls and I am pretty sure that Champagne Bay does too.

Lifou has beautiful coral to snorkel over and also a lovely church on top of a hill. What a hike!! P&O do have a couple of shore tours there. Have you received your info yet?

Wala has swimming and they locals also do guided tours around/across? the island, just take along lots of gold coins to drop in the donation boxes. I think there is also some snorkelling.

Champagne Bay sounds like the most delightful place to laze in the water.

Haven't been to Champagne Bay or Lifou, but Wala is lovely!

And yes, you'll be met by locals and taken on a walking tour around the island (free, but take lots of gold coins for donations along the way), which takes you through all of the villages on the island and you get to see how they live.

Swimming and snorkelling are good too.

Hi, Champagne Bay is beautiful. The beach is in large horseshoe shape. on arriving at the jetty, children are usually there to sing welcome to everyone. the swimming is magic. there are stalls of local crafts for sale,

snorkelling is great. you will remember the beauty of the place forever.To everyone going there soon ,I hope you have a wonderful cruise.

kind regards, Lorraine:) :)

Hi Kinka, have been to Lifou and did the Jokin tour. Fabulous, the water is crystal clear. You can walk down 200 steps and then are able to jump into the water from the ramp. Our guide how took us was first in then everybody followed suit (except me - I like to be able to touch the bottom!!).

Wala, we haven't been to so have been following past cruises advice on what you can do here.

Champagne Bay - BEAUTIFUL. We are doing this cruise because of this island. Even on a drizzly day it is BEAUTIFUL, so can't wait to see it on a clear blue day!! They did have locals who for a cost ($10) took you to the Blue Lagoon for approx. 2 hrs (this is where part of Blue Lagoon, the movie was made apparently). Worth doing, then just laying on the waters edge or snorkelling afterwards. The cruise staff also had a volleyball match. Not sure if they still do. Also you can sit on the sand with a local beer which is great. Love this island!! (their sarongs where dearer here too and they told me that they were hand made by them - not quite true, but you live and learn).

You can swim and snorkel at all three if you want. At Lifou if you don't do a tour just follow the crowd up the hill, turn left, go down the road for a little bit - not sure how long - turn right down a dirt road and you will see an area where everyone parks their butts and snorkel there. (we won't be doing a tour here this time so that's were we'll be. ) Lovely spot also.

Kerri

Hi there

It's me again, one of the ladies going with witchipoo on the cruise. Our cabin is 7061 on Aloha deck. We got an unexpected upgrade. Wow that was nice of them whoever did it for us!

Thanks for all the info for all the questions. Looking forward to meeting you all maybe, : swimming, eating, cocktail drinking, somwhere LOL.

Regards

Ingrid

Just looking at whether to do a tour in Luganville or do our own thing. (have read some reviews about getting ripped off by shonkies at the wharf). Has anyone done the Canoe the Riri River tour or Turtle Grass Beach tour?

To those doing this cruise, are you doing a tour at Luganville?

Thanks for your help.

Kerri

Am umming and aahing about it.

Perhaps the $29 village one. Hubby and daughter did that last time and enjoyed it. Plus you come back whenever you want rather than a set say 3 hour tour.

Last time I did the blue hole tour (not offered now) and loved it. Seems like I could have gotten it cheaper using taxi but I am still unsure about it. I figure if we all band together then we should be safe in getting what we want.

I had originally thought about getting a taxi to the "blue hole" but after looking through the brochures I got it seems that there isn't A "blue hole" but lots of them and I am don't want to end up god only knows where.

Not much help am I. Anyway we won't be prebooking any Luganville tours before we board. Maybe once on board and we have had a chance to talk about it.

Hi Jane, yes i was thinking the same about waiting until we're on board before booking a tour at Luganville. The Blue hole is mention in Riri Cruise tour. Was just wondering if the beach tour would be as good as just sitting on the beach after getting off the ship.

Kerri

Hi Jane, yes i was thinking the same about waiting until we're on board before booking a tour at Luganville. The Blue hole is mention in Riri Cruise tour. Was just wondering if the beach tour would be as good as just sitting on the beach after getting off the ship.

Kerri

Had to do this the quote section as I have no idea how to get these little icons up without it:p :p .

We got our room and we've been UPGRADED!!!!!!:D . Not to a window but never mind. We're on Baja 6142. It's at the back of the ship (always been in the middle) but hopefully it'll be ok.:D

kerri

Hi Sandra, go with the Personalizer. When I emailed the TA the other day she said phoned them and they said they were going to start doing the cabin allocation this week. Looks like you guys are just 5 doors up from us (again!!! lol). You too have been UPGRADED!!

Kerri

Archived