Should NCL Allow you to prebook spec rest seating?

Should NCL allow pre-booking of Specialty Restaurant seating, before the cruise?  

106 members have voted

1. 1. Should NCL allow pre-booking of Specialty Restaurant seating, before the cruise?

Sorry, maybe I should have clarified my Dad's disability. He lost his right leg and he was a big and tall man before that even happened. He uses a large electric w/c and sometimes doesn't fit some places and definitly can't be folded up. He went on a cruise with my grandmother a few years ago and encountered many problems. We've been trying to convince him to try again on NCL (they cruised Princess) because of the freestyle and I'm certain NCL would be able to make room for him. There are many land based establishments that have refused him entry or are grandfathered and don't have any ramps or widened doors. He gets very frustrated and then just goes home and doesn't eat at all.

DH and I have never had a problem but usually only eat once per cruise in a specialty rest. DH is a vegetarian and the main dining rooms and buffet are his best bet for finding food. But we love eating in the Italian rest. and we like looking at the menu's when we board to figure out which night to skip main dining and make a reservation. If we would have to make reservation before even getting on the ship, we would just skip it all together. Less money for NCL, but I'm sure we wouldn't starve.

Angie

HUGE mistake. Just to play the devils advocate .

For $5. I'll book every night and show up when I feel like it ..

Now , wouldnt that *&%# if just a handfull of people did that .

Really $35 for the convienece .. Why not .

Ncl wont do this though. The lagistics would be a nightmare..:eek:

HUGE mistake. Just to play the devils advocate .

For $5. I'll book every night and show up when I feel like it ..

Now , wouldnt that *&%# if just a handfull of people did that .

Really $35 for the convienece .. Why not .

Ncl wont do this though. The lagistics would be a nightmare..:eek:

Ehh... you'd only be booking one restaurant, plus it would cost you another 35 for whoever you cruise with. I do agree w/ the logistics problem though.

You're right. They don't lose any money on the deal. But then some other couple can't go to dinner in their spot.

Yes, they do lose money. Maybe they don't lose as much by collecting the $5. But with "butts in the seats" they will make much more than $5. Plus, when people walk by these venues and see all of the empty seats they are going to come back here and raise all sorts of he!!.:rolleyes:

PE<---thinks advance reservation would be the worst thing that NCL could do!!!

Archived