Should NCL Allow you to prebook spec rest seating?

Should NCL allow pre-booking of Specialty Restaurant seating, before the cruise?  

106 members have voted

1. 1. Should NCL allow pre-booking of Specialty Restaurant seating, before the cruise?

I voted yes, but limited. I don't see any way around online reservations. It's probably coming either way. One option might be to open it up a certain amount of time before sailing? Maybe two weeks so everyone has the same advantage, whether you booked early or closer to the date.

As stated on the other thread, I think it would be a disaster. I also think it would discourage last minute bookings as people would wonder if they were going to be able to eat at their favorite specialty restaurant. IMHO an EXCEEDINGLY bad idea.:)

Kathy

I wonder if they will hold some ressies for suite occupants?:confused:

It seems that all people today are expected to be computer literate and have access and know how to book online all of this.

I can forsee the future:D --the next question will be

"I cannot find the reservation system for the restaurants." or "How do I make the ressies???", "My Ta made the wrong ressies, what can I do?" or better yet--"The ship did not have my ressies I made online." ETC.

I don't like the idea either, to be honest. I would take the lesser of two evils, if offered, which would be to limit the number of online reservations taken. One problem I see would be the disorganized mom ( I can be one of those sometimes) who has very good intentions, but won't keep the reservation she signed up for a month in advance. I think that will be a huge problem.

It won't affect me in a big way if they do go online. We usually try to leave the kids and do a specialty restaurant once during the week, and we're flexible on which night that is. I know some cruisers try to do as many of them as possible.

It seems that all people today are expected to be computer literate and have access and know how to book online all of this.

"I cannot find the reservation system for the restaurants." or "How do I make the ressies???", "My Ta made the wrong ressies, what can I do?" or better yet--"The ship did not have my ressies I made online." ETC.

I'd make my ressies, and then check them as soon as I got on board, not that that would make much of a difference if someone had already gobbled up my spot.

I agree with Newlywed. If they make it available, of course I'll book (because I want to be able to get reservations!), but in general I think it's a bad idea. It definitely doesn't seem to be too "freestyle" and seems to go against their new marketing campaign. I can see maybe having a limited number of reservations available for pre-booking, but in general I think it'll just make things crazier and more stressful, which seems against "freestyle!" Just my thoughts.

I wonder about the VIP situation also. And I do think the problems will be numerous and voluminous. I think the system is fine the way it is, but so far NCL hasn't called to get my opinion. ;)

One problem I see would be the disorganized mom ( I can be one of those sometimes) who has very good intentions, but won't keep the reservation she signed up for a month in advance. I think that will be a huge problem.

NCL won't mind, they'll still make $5/pp for those who don't show up.

Personally I like the idea of not wasting valuable cruise time by rushing to get reservations & then waiting in a long line. I know DCL allows you to book their speciality restaurant on-line but they do limit the amount to allow others to book on board. That is what I voted for, however, I do like to choose to make reservations based on what is being served in the main dining rooms & I wonder if it will be possible to link to the menus for each night of the cruise?

Where is the freestyle if we start to preebook resturants before the cruise??

We never make our reservations on the first day as many here do, That takes away all the fun, how do I know what I would like to eat five days from now??

There is no freestyle in binding yourself to a spesific resturant ,day and time. That is as bad as traditional cruising.

So maby we miss one resturant , we try it next cruise.

By the way we always got a table by beeing a bit flexible in our eating time

I hope they ceep things as they are!!

Just the fact that you have to make a reservation in the speciality restaurants negates the whole freestyle thing, but it is a fact. You have to have an idea at the beginning of the cruise of what nights & times you are going to choose to dine outside the main dining rooms in order to get your choice.

Just the fact that you have to make a reservation in the speciality restaurants negates the whole freestyle thing, but it is a fact. You have to have an idea at the beginning of the cruise of what nights & times you are going to choose to dine outside the main dining rooms in order to get your choice.

Sorry..........never had to do this. I tried it once and canceled it......didn`t want to go at that time. Had better things to do:) Never a problem if you are flexible.

I vote yes too. If you can do the excursions online, you should be able to do the restaurants.

I'm not trying to pick a fight at all, but I have to ask, how is that logical? Shore Excursions are first come first serve, but they would be no where in as much demand as a specialty restaurant. If you can't book with the ship, you can find a better rated, similar shore excursion by a local operator not affiliated with the ship. However, with food you are pretty much stuck with your selection on board.

Again, not trying to pick a fight, really just trying to make sense out of it.

Archived