NCL sold my cabin

tpear3

But there's no guarantee of getting a straight answer there either.

Unfortunately that is a true statement. If I have a question that is important to me and my family I always call, get the answer, then call back to see if the next person says the same thing. I don't know if it's laziness, as in they don't want to take the time to look something up to be sure, or if it is lack of knowledge on their part. Either way it is tough sometimes to get an accurate answer. I picture the representatives with a Magic 8 Ball and they just don't tell us that. ;)

You pretty much will on cabin availability:)

Actually I know for a FACT that a friend of mine was NOT given a straight answer yesterday. He booked a Penthouse because he was told by NCL that there were only inside and Penthouse and Owner's suites available for his 11/12 Dawn selling.

He booked the Penthouse because he did not want inside and the NCL rep knew it.

Actually I know for a FACT that a friend of mine was NOT given a straight answer yesterday. He booked a Penthouse because he was told by NCL that there were only inside and Penthouse and Owner's suites available for his 11/12 Dawn selling.

He booked the Penthouse because he did not want inside and the NCL rep knew it.

You could look one time and 10 min. later it could appear or disappear:) At least you would know in real time if you call.

So I wouldn`t be so quick to judge that "wrong" answer:)

You could look one time and 10 min. later it could appear or disappear:) At least you would know in real time if you call.

True enough. Cabins can be gone in an instant.

Ann, do you love what you do? I assume you're a travel agent. :)

I am also a travel agent and the job can be alot of fun. Our office does all types of travel, about half is cruising. Most of the time everythnig goes well, but when it doesn't, thats when it can be hell. Sometimes it is our mistake and sometimes it isn't. I like it when I get a great deal for my clients. I am saving them money or getting them the cabin they wanted to have their dream trip. Makes you feel good.

NCL has to be the most difficult to deal with. They really don't seem to care. We try not to book them because of this. I am sailing on POH Oct 23 only because of their itinerary. So I will get first hand knowledge of how they are.

keep us posted.

Charlotte:)

I am also a travel agent and the job can be alot of fun. Our office does all types of travel, about half is cruising. Most of the time everythnig goes well, but when it doesn't, thats when it can be hell. Sometimes it is our mistake and sometimes it isn't. I like it when I get a great deal for my clients. I am saving them money or getting them the cabin they wanted to have their dream trip. Makes you feel good.

NCL has to be the most difficult to deal with. They really don't seem to care. We try not to book them because of this. I am sailing on POH Oct 23 only because of their itinerary. So I will get first hand knowledge of how they are.

keep us posted.

Sorry to refute your statement but........I have extensive knowledge of sailing with them and "dealing" with them:) for many years. I find that they do care if YOU care:)

I would not...not sell a line because I find them too difficult;) (which I don`t)

Enjoy your cruise on .......NCLA:)

I knew you were going to tell me that I was wrong and that the 5 cabins that showed available several times yesterday and still show available today were just not available when he called.

I knew you were going to tell me that I was wrong and that the 5 cabins that showed available several times yesterday and still show available today were just not available when he called.

The cabin availability thing is and has been weird with NCL for several years. When ever someone clicks on the cabin to check it out on the NCL website the cabin disappears from inventory for 10 -15 minutes. Often I click on a cabin and then call NCL to reserve the cabin and it won't show up for them.......I have to call them back 15 minutes later.

Also if your past your final payment date often their upsell department will remove a whole bunch of cabins that they are working with on upsells, and then the cabins that didn't get used in the upsells get put back on the website.

There can be many reasons for cabins appearing and disappearing from their inventory.:)

So, I called NCL and they "said" they have an AF cabin available directly under the one I "thought" I had paid for. I sent an e-mail to my online agency and they said that when they called NCL ( no more that an hour after me) there were none available. I feel like I'm playing "who's on first"!!! Anyone with an idea, now? Remember--NCL still says I owe $607, so I want to make sure that the agency is liable for that--thanks!

So, I called NCL and they "said" they have an AF cabin available directly under the one I "thought" I had paid for. I sent an e-mail to my online agency and they said that when they called NCL ( no more that an hour after me) there were none available.

This story sounds way to similar to mine. It just boggles my mind how NCL will flat out lie about stuff just to try and save a buck. My TA and I went round and round with them for days. Cabins would show open, we call, not open. (Cabins that had shown open for MONTHS). They might or might not disappear from the website for a day or two and then pop right back up. My sister in law called one time, just like tpear3 did and was told an AB with connecting AF was open. Two hours later when the TA called, it was gone! This is why NCL corporate is just not trust worthy. I would be embarassed to hear these stories about MY company if I was Colin! (but we all know he probably has no clue about what is going on!)

I am a travel agent and I can't believe that your travel agent wanted to xxl you because you kept wanting your cabin back. I find that unacceptable. I have clients who are picky about thier cabin just because they are. Everyone has preferences, even me. I have been on various decks, front, back, top and bottom. If I can, I book midship but if I booked run of ship or gty then I have to take what I get. But I prefer midship.

What was the reason for you not getting a receipt? I find that kinda funny...Did you ever get a receipt??

Keep us informed as to what is happening. I am curious.

Charlotte.:)

Charlotte - Well, the reasoning for not getting the receipt was insane and it changed every time I talked to them. Mostly new computer system and it was down again. I got a partially hand written one with no insignia on it from the agency about 4 weeks after begging and being polite I might add. When I got that, I sent an email demanding to have an authentic receipt by Monday (it was Saturday). I was sent an email back immediately saying they were releasing my rooms. I called obviously and we talked a while. That is when I got yet another version of the story on the rooms and the receipts. We agreed to continue working together. At this point, I still only had 2 of the 3 rooms back to the assigned room. Finally got what appears to be an authentic receipt, I think sometime that next week, but I dont remember. Another week or so went by and I noticed online that the 3rd cabin had been corrected, but no call from anyone about it. Then the receipt for the 3rd cabin came about 2 more weeks later. What a mess! The rates had gone up on cruises 1 week after we booked and it would have cost a minimum of $400 per person more to change TA's, thus the reason I stayed. I still dont know how a TA can just cancel you when you have paid a deposit and have an agreement. In any case, it all seems to be ok now, but no extras for all the trouble. Im a wreck all the time wondering if its been changed or cancelled. Makes me not want to use a TA in the future, but I am trying to be reasonable.

OP - Let us know how things worked out on your situation. I hope you get the cabin back.

Thanks M&M--I will definitley keep you posted on my situation. I am frustrated because it appears that when I call NCL as a new guest I get a different answer than when my TA calls. Funny thing is that I would even pay (a decent amount) for an upsell or take OBC for something less. I really just want to me aft and near my kids and sister, even if we are a floor or two below. Actually, I was pretty excited to see hear this morning that deck 9 had aft cabins as I hear that 10 gets some noice from the outdoor buffett. I have not told my husband (of just 11 days) of this situation--hoping it corrects itself VERY soon. He has never been in anything but ocean view, so this was to be a really nice treat for him--having a cocktail watching were we had been. I understand feeling like a wreck!!!

Thanks M&M--I will definitley keep you posted on my situation. I am frustrated because it appears that when I call NCL as a new guest I get a different answer than when my TA calls. Funny thing is that I would even pay (a decent amount) for an upsell or take OBC for something less. I really just want to me aft and near my kids and sister, even if we are a floor or two below. Actually, I was pretty excited to see hear this morning that deck 9 had aft cabins as I hear that 10 gets some noice from the outdoor buffett. I have not told my husband (of just 11 days) of this situation--hoping it corrects itself VERY soon. He has never been in anything but ocean view, so this was to be a really nice treat for him--having a cocktail watching were we had been. I understand feeling like a wreck!!!

wow, I really feel bad for you.

But, after reading your story, I remembered that my Final payment was almost due for my jan cruise. I booked with an online agy (that is also local) but I booked a future cruise credit, thus not needing a Credit Card...I called today and made sure they had my Credit Card and everything is good.

I really hope you get everything worked out. Please keep us posted.

Hey Tpear3,

Why do you owe NCL more money? :confused:

Ann (Seahorse), when I said that we don't like to deal with NCL, it is because of the lack of compensation for our group sailing that they xxled. THe ship had some engine problems so they xxled the Hawaii trip that our pax had booked 10 months out. But the ship still sailed but just a different intinerary. Our paxs got nothing. They were SOL as far as NCL was concerned. 36 pax had their cruises ruined. I am aware things events happen but we didn't need to be kicked while we were down. It also took a very long time to get the money back from NCL.

WE have had other cruises get xxled by other cruise lines but they step up to the plate and offered other cruises at a great rate and or money off a future cruise, pay for flight change fees (we had booked the flights separately as we had pax flying from Toronto and Montreal, staying various before and after and one ways). We will book NCL but would rather promote other cruise lines that assist us. I am not saying all the others are perfect, far from it. But that incident left us with a very bad taste in our mouth.

Tpear3, who had mentioned about the cabins being available and then not. That can happen with any cruise line, but I will say NCL compter's system is the notorious for being down. THe had a new system put in a few years ago and it still can be very slow.

When I called NCL, after advise from the forum, the representative said I had a balance due of $607. I am assuming that in the day or so before my agent realized they cancelled the wrong room, that the rate went up. Now, the agent has not said anything--and I will not pay that amount. I'm assuming they are trying to figure out how to best remedy this. By the way, when should I expect documents?

In regards to the cabin availabiltiy, I really think that it depends on whether the customer is new or existing--they can get more money from a new customer--hence the $607 balance on my "new" reservation!!!

Hey Tpear3,

When you paid the final payment, what rate did you pay, the orginial or the new rate? Did you agree to the rate and have you seen any more paperwork. This might be a good reason to work with a TA in a "bricks & motor" office. You would have a proper receipt and would have gone over the booking in person.

Cruise tkt can come in 1 month prior or 3 days prior. I have had both happen, but it is usually 2 - 3 weeks prior.

What would you do if the TA held back the tkt until you "paid" in full according to their new price? I don't think you should be charged the extra $607.00. But for the life of me I can't believe that they have not resolved this situation by now. After rereading the thread I can't believe they tried to xxl you all together. Most TA are decent people but it sounds like you got one that is not.

I am hopeful that you will get your cruise sorted out. Keep in contact with the TA. Can you speak to his/her boss?

Good luck

Cruisingisforme--I think there are some misconceptions with my posts. The online agency works through e-mail only. I knew this, as I booked with them for my previous 3 cruises. As my entire family booked a total of 5 cabins (again), when two cancelled, apparently, the agent accidently cancelled my cabin instead of my parents (same last name). Coincidently, the online agency has done very well for us with pricing and upgrades for our entire group along with on board credit. However, as I can only reach my agent through e-mail, they continue to say they are still trying to get my cabin back, they have NEVER said I owe the extra $$. I only know about that because I called NCL to see what they could do--that is how I found out my room was cancelled for a day before the agency found their mistake.

As stated previously, I have no intention of paying the extra money nor do I think the agency will ask me to. They have already sent us final confirmations--hence the reason I found the new room number!! I was only hoping that when I called NCL as a "new" booking I would get the same answers as when my TA calls to get us moved back.

I hope that makes it all clear as mud!!:D I really have been anticipating my aft cabin and am trying to keep a positive attitude. I'm not sure how much the agency will do to make up for their mistake since they already will have to eat the extra cost---and we will be on a cruise for Christmas:) !

I got an interesting card from NCL today. It said: "we have received your concerns about a recent problem with NCL and are investigating."

I have sent three letters to NCL in the last year.

Early May about our Cabin switch

Late May about our cabin switch

Mid July about our cruise, generally complimentary but again expressing my displeasure that they would just randomly change passengers room reservations without consulting them.

I wonder which one this card is about and why now after at least 3 months????

I got an interesting card from NCL today. It said: "we have received your concerns about a recent problem with NCL and are investigating."

I have sent three letters to NCL in the last year.

Early May about our Cabin switch

Late May about our cabin switch

Mid July about our cruise, generally complimentary but again expressing my displeasure that they would just randomly change passengers room reservations without consulting them.

I wonder which one this card is about and why now after at least 3 months????

Thats great that they replied! Do you plan to cruise NCL any more? Maybe you will get something great for your aggrevation. Hope things work out well for you.

tpear3.....any new info on your cabin? Hope its working out for you. Hang in there.

Thats great that they replied! Do you plan to cruise NCL any more?

I would love to cruise NCL again and in fact my parents and their friends have booked two cabins for next summer on the Pearl. My wife and her brother however are still extremely upset at what transpired this past summer and all of the work and agrivation it took us to get back to what we originally had and basically got nothing for NCL putting us through it. They also are still upset at the lies that were told by NCL and as a result of these two factors refuse to consider another NCL cruise. Believe me, I have tried to convince them otherwise but have lost.

As far as the reply, it is a standard form card that they send out. My brother in law received the exact same card back in June based on his letter of late May about the switch. I don't expect to ever hear from NCL about this incident again, the card was just window dressing to let me know they got the letter. They have their money, the cruise is over and they don't do things that cost them money just to right a wrong.

Thanks for your encouragement however!

I have the e-docs for all of our room except mine. However, my agent just e-mail and they have me in 9278 (one floor down and a room over from the original). This is actually probably a better room because we wouldn't be under the outdoor cafe except for the fact that the rest of our party is upstairs across from our original room. AND--we paid for an AE and are now booked in an AF--will wait to see how they compensate for that later!!!

Thank you all for the encouragement to keep on the agent and NCL!! :D

Archived