5 in a cabin

bubbles4me

Hello guys i need some help. I have 4 adults going with me on my jan 18th sailing on the fantasy. I need to know if 5 in a cabin is too many? We are booked for a 4A i have cruised once before in a 4a on the conquest with 2 people not sure how to get 5 in there. They said they put rollaways in the room but i can't imagine where they put them!!! anyways if anyone have done this before please tell me it was ok. I am so worried about this. I never spend time in my room except to sleep so does it even matter???

Unless you are in a suite, I can't imagine how 5 adults can function in a regular cabin. We did 3 once and that was plenty for me. We started showers and getting dressed a couple of hours before dinner so all of us could have our time in the bathroom. With 5, plan on using the public bathroom and spa showers. I'd re-think this if I were you.

I couldn't do it but then I'm a long way from my days of dorm living and sharing bathrooms. I guess it depends on how long the cruise is, how much stuff everyone is bringing and how well you get along. It will be very tight quarters and I see the bathroom thing as being a bit of a situation if it's 5 women. I'd have a problem with living with 5 people in an apartment let alone 5 people in one tiny bedroom.

Hello guys i need some help. I have 4 adults going with me on my jan 18th sailing on the fantasy. I need to know if 5 in a cabin is too many? We are booked for a 4A i have cruised once before in a 4a on the conquest with 2 people not sure how to get 5 in there. They said they put rollaways in the room but i can't imagine where they put them!!! anyways if anyone have done this before please tell me it was ok. I am so worried about this. I never spend time in my room except to sleep so does it even matter???

I have a family of 5. And, always need to book a cabin that will support that. Only certain classes of ships will accomodate 5. The Fantasy class ships are definitely one, and I believe the Destiny class is another (we sailed on the Victory with 5). But, even on the ships that will accomodate 5, you must book early enough or "hit it right" because it's all capacity (lifeboat) driven, I have been told. 5 in my cabin has always been fine, but then again, 3 of my passengers are children. I don't think you will be very comfortable with 5 adults in a cabin. The "roll away" that they speak of has always been, in our case, a small mattress on a frame just an inch or 2 off of the floor. The mattress is smaller than a twin, and slides under the bed during the daytime. An adult wldn't fit on that. Don't know if they have other types of beds. They cld just be giving this type to us b/c they know in advance that we have children. you'll have to check with them or or your TA. Newer ships will not allow 5 in a cabin. Carnival told me it's b/c they don't even store the extra beds on board.

We did 5 in a cabin in Jan. 2000 - Triumph - 2 adults - kids, 17, 13, 11. We managed just fine. BUT, with five adults you're going to know each other very well. It's VERY tight, but can be managed especially if you use the spa facilities. You'll have fun no matter what!

First thing to do is to figure out the total price for 5 in a cabin versus 2 cabins. Believe it or not sometimes the 5 person cabin can cost more than 2 cabins. But more than likely the 2 cabins will cost a little bit more depending upon the class and location of the cabin. If it's $100 more then that's only $20 extra per person. A little bit extra would definitely be worth getting two cabins.

First thing to do is to figure out the total price for 5 in a cabin versus 2 cabins. Believe it or not sometimes the 5 person cabin can cost more than 2 cabins. But more than likely the 2 cabins will cost a little bit more depending upon the class and location of the cabin. If it's $100 more then that's only $20 extra per person. A little bit extra would definitely be worth getting two cabins.

How can it possibly be cheaper to book 2 cabins? I can't see this unless you are booking 2 interior cabins on the lowest possible passenger deck (and interior cabins are smaller than oceanviews, right?). I'd never want to be there. And, i still don't know that this wld be the cheapest route. when you are able to book 5 in a cabin, you get a discounted rate on the 3rd,4th & 5th passenger. when you book 2 cabins, you pay full price for 4, getting a discount for only 1.

I've had 4 adults in an inside cabin and in a balcony. The inside was on a 4 night cruise and the balcony was a 7 day. The 4 day was ok, b/c we were all out doing things and trying to enjoy vacation "to the max." But on the 7 day when there was more time to relax and not so much rushing I could barely stand it too be honest. Just too crowded day after day.

I'd prefer not to do it BUT if it was that or not going then I'd be squeezing in with a big smile on my face! Just try to pack lite and make a plan for sharing some toiletries. You definitely don't want 5 bottles of shampoo/conditioner, 5 curling irons, 5 bottles of lotion...etc.....

How can it possibly be cheaper to book 2 cabins? I can't see this unless you are booking 2 interior cabins on the lowest possible passenger deck (and interior cabins are smaller than oceanviews, right?). I'd never want to be there. And, i still don't know that this wld be the cheapest route. when you are able to book 5 in a cabin, you get a discounted rate on the 3rd,4th & 5th passenger. when you book 2 cabins, you pay full price for 4, getting a discount for only 1.

Our first cruise was 5 to an inside cabin myself, and kids ages 13, 15, 17 & 19 It was not cheaper to book two cabins for this cruise and we saved over 700 by going with one cabin.

Now our Elation cruise - the price difference is only 100 pp to put us all in one so we got two cabins for $200 more.

5 in one cabin is quite doable as long as you have a plan and keep your cabin organized. Once it gets cluttered it will start closing in around you.

An over the door shoe holder for inside and out side the bathroom door. It keeps all the bathroom stuff organized and all the other stuff on the outside OFF the one little vanity-- sunglasses, sunscreen (all the outside stuff 5 people need for a week out in the sun)

5 adults in a cabin--- use the showers in the spa. That way there is no arguing about who is spending most time getting ready for dinner.

(that could be very time consuming if you all use the shower in the cabin.

very little floor space as it is. Putting two beds together is taking up a lot of floor space. Get the steward to keep them seperate.. in kind of an L shape against the walls instead of next to eachother with a night stand seperating.

You get two beds on the floor and two upper beds. (who gets those?? are we taking turns each night?

One person gets the roll away.

Thanks so much for you helps guys!! we have to stick with the 5 in a cabin although we don't want to we have to because of the ages. I am the only one over 25 other than my mother and my fiancee and i don't get married until july. This really sucks because my mother really needs a handicap room but it is the only way we can cruise so i guess we just have to deal with it. oh well we don't plan on being in our rooms much anyways!!!! MIAMI VICES HERE I COME!!!!!

Thanks so much for you helps guys!! we have to stick with the 5 in a cabin although we don't want to we have to because of the ages. I am the only one over 25 other than my mother and my fiancee and i don't get married until july. This really sucks because my mother really needs a handicap room but it is the only way we can cruise so i guess we just have to deal with it. oh well we don't plan on being in our rooms much anyways!!!! MIAMI VICES HERE I COME!!!!!

Put your mother in the handicaped cabin and book a cabin next door to her, if you are right next door or right across the hall from your parents Carnival will let you book seperate cabins. 5 adults in a cabin is really to much, especially with your mother needing handicaped space, they will put the extra cot right up againt another bed.

Put your mother in the handicaped cabin and book a cabin next door to her, if you are right next door or right across the hall from your parents Carnival will let you book seperate cabins. 5 adults in a cabin is really to much, especially with your mother needing handicaped space, they will put the extra cot right up againt another bed.

I totally agee!

This really sucks because my mother really needs a handicap room !!!

Cabins are very confining--- how much space will your mom need for her handicap? Doors wont allow a wheelchair or scooter through..

Like the poster stated== if your cabins are next to each other Carnival will allow the kids to be in the other cabin.

you could also reserve a room with a kid and your mom in one room and you and the others in the other room. Switch up when you get onboard.

I didn't say it was always cheaper to book two cabins but it can be. Sometimes there is little discount for the 3rd, 4th and 5th passengers. Also, the rooms that are available for 5 get booked up. You might have to pay for a cabin on a higher deck to get the 5 while the two cabins would be on lower decks. In any case, you should always look to see how much you will save for 5 in a cabin versus 2 cabins. It's not hard to find rates where your total savings may be only a $100 or $20pp for the entire cruise. I always check rates because I have 5.

We're traveling 5 to a cabin in January. But three of the five are kids (lil people). I don't think I would want to be that close to anyone other than my hubby like that in tight quarters.

But as long as you go in the right spirit and be ready for "situations", you all should be fine.

Our kids have been known to be stationary and practically silent for hours.... when they have their Gameboy's, and our oldest her iPod. :D

I didn't say it was always cheaper to book two cabins but it can be. Sometimes there is little discount for the 3rd, 4th and 5th passengers. Also, the rooms that are available for 5 get booked up. You might have to pay for a cabin on a higher deck to get the 5 while the two cabins would be on lower decks. In any case, you should always look to see how much you will save for 5 in a cabin versus 2 cabins. It's not hard to find rates where your total savings may be only a $100 or $20pp for the entire cruise. I always check rates because I have 5.

You are right!

We always cruise with 5 and sometimes it is not much more to sperate into 2 cabins, our cruise we just booked had hardly any discount for the 3rd person in the cabin.

I just went through a similar situation for my Jan 15th cruise on the Paradise. 3 in the cabin and one would be my Mom who needs to use a colapsible wheelchair to get around. The cost for all 3 in the cabin was only $150 less than putting her in a cabin next to us. So it was an easy decision 2 5A cabins on the Upper deck. Happy cruisers. The Past guest upgrade helped with the decision also, got a 5a for the price of a 4a.

Carnival will not allow me to book a second room unless it is me in a room by myself and my mother and the other 3 in a handicap room because the other 3 are friends and not relatives and are under 21 (all are 19 yrs old) therefore they will not allow it. I tried working with them but they will not budge. We tried getting someone else over 25 to go with us but no one is wanting to go can you believe that!!!:eek: they say it is all to close to christmas. i am still thinking about what to do but i think my options are limited!!!:confused:

Imagine this... One Mom and 4 sisters between the ages of 25 and 42 all in an oceanview. And not little pixies, by any stretch. That's how I did my first cruise in '95 on the Fascination. We had 2 pullmans and a cot, along with the two twins. It was close, but then, aside from sleeping and getting ready for dinner, who spends their time in the cabin? Definately not me. There are too many people to see and things to do. There was the issue of luggage storage, but we decided before the cruise that we would would take just enough to fit into 3 suitcases plus our carry-ons. Had a great time and wouldn't have changed a thing. Sometimes family can be like that.

Carnival will not allow me to book a second room unless it is me in a room by myself and my mother and the other 3 in a handicap room because the other 3 are friends and not relatives and are under 21 (all are 19 yrs old) therefore they will not allow it. I tried working with them but they will not budge. We tried getting someone else over 25 to go with us but no one is wanting to go can you believe that!!!:eek: they say it is all to close to christmas. i am still thinking about what to do but i think my options are limited!!!:confused:

I find this odd because reading the boards its done all the time. Then you read about people who did it and people who couldnt. I wonder if because its a holiday sailing and there will be tons of kids onboard?

Hmmm....I think my family would probably shrink in size during the week as we start tossing them over the balcony. Just kidding! ;) My kids are 15, 19, and 21. I cannot for the life of me, even imagine all of us fitting into one cabin for an entire week and still on speaking terms by the end of the week.

We had a large balcony cat 8C on the conquest with our 15 year old two weeks ago. Somehow adding two additional people with all of their stuff into an even smaller room would really scare me.

I would not seriously entertain the thought of all of us sharing a single cabin. We did do it on the Big Red Boat, but they were only 4, 8 and 10 back then. They packed a lot lighter!

Archived