Do you get to keep the menus?

MattOsprey

Hi all,

This will be our first HAL cruise, and we were wondering if you are presented the menu's at the end of the cruise by the waiters.

We have had this on previous cruises and liked it.

Just a little reminder of the stuning food and service.

Matt & Lorraine

HAL used to do this, but they don't any more. Suite passengers (PH, SA, SB, SC categories) get a copy of each evening's menu in their cabin which they can accumulate and keep. I've occasionally seen that you can buy a menu set but haven't seen this offered for a year or two.

always liked having our DR stewards present us with autographed copies of the menus on the last night. It's sad that yet another fine tradition has passed by.

Hi all,

This will be our first HAL cruise, and we were wondering if you are presented the menu's at the end of the cruise by the waiters.

We have had this on previous cruises and liked it.

Just a little reminder of the stuning food and service.

Matt & Lorraine

Now there is a man after my own heart! We were on the Statendam in August, and on the next to last night, the head waiter offered the menus for the entire cruise for a price, $9.95 USD. The wait staff made a big deal out of our purchase of the menus, each autographed the cover and drew little characatures and cartoons.

The menus make a great souvineer of the vacation. Coupled with the twenty six rolls of film my wife used, we have a pretty complete scrapbook of the cruise.:D

We were on the Statendam on June -- no asked anyone if they wanted to buy the menus from the cruise. Fortunately we were in a suite and I did bring mine home - none signed. I used to keep at least the signed copy when they did that. Now I just keep the menus for awhile and then throw them out.

Everyone gets to keep the menu for the new Master Chef's Dinner. Our head dining room steward, our waiter, and our assistant waiter all signed the Master Chef Dinner menus for us. I would also recommend simply asking your wait staff at each night's dinner if you could keep a menu as a souvenir. I can't imagine they would tell you "no". Our own experience, throughout our cruise, was that our wait staff most graciously accommodated any request we made.

I have done what middle-aged mom has done--asked to keep each evening's menu and have not had a problem. If your dining room steward is reluctant to allow this, see the Head Waiter or the 2nd Maitre d' for your area.

Once upon a time, a visit to the Maitre d' himself at the start of the cruise would lead to their collecting the menus and giving them to you. I have not had much success with that route on my most recent cruises and have found dealing with my Steward to be more successful.

Hi all,

On my last cruise (Veendam 3/06) my brother, an incorrigible souvenir collector, asked for and received copies of the menus every night. He was never charged anything for them.

Archived