Another reason to Love freestyle

newlywedcruisers

a costume party. quote]

Pretty much what one ends up with when one has a freestyle atmosphere. Halloween 365 days of the year. Never confusing and so much fun to laugh at all the strange costumes.

I'll sacrifice one to the poof monster:

THe only person in costume will be you and your troll outfit.

Just one poke cecilia, now I'm done.

a costume party. quote]

Pretty much what one ends up with when one has a freestyle atmosphere. Halloween 365 days of the year. Never confusing and so much fun to laugh at all the strange costumes.

I think this is an interesting thread. I will risk asking this one question of you, what does what someone wears a sign of class. I will tell you how I was taught to judge class. How you treat other people, how you react to a variety of situations (do you throw a fit or keep your composure), your respect for cultures and customs different from yours, etc... I will say one thing about dress, I would feel it disrespectful if someone showed up dressed like a slob, to a wedding, funeral, or similar event because of respect for the situation. I don't understand how a cruise warrants formal attire, I have only done traditional cruises, and dressed according to their dress codes, and as I get a little older, I find this kind of silly, to me there seems to be no real reason for it to be mandatory, but would respect those who enjoy dressing up. I guess I am a little confused about how you can judge someone low class for wearing khakis and a polo to dinner on a vacation. I will say this again as I did in another post, I dress nicely, maybe not your standards, not for the benefit of every else, but out of self respect, and will dress appropriate for the situation. I have not yet cruised NCL but, I have a feeling that the more casual freestyle will have me coming back for more, not because I am a slob, but because I don't have to conform to antiquated standards.

I am greatful that we have choice, and the freedom to worry about things so trivial. As I read all of the posts on the celebrity thread, it really didn't make me want to cruise them any time soon.

Just one man's humble opinion.

MAC

I think this is an interesting thread. I will risk asking this one question of you, what does what someone wears a sign of class. I will tell you how I was taught to judge class. How you treat other people, how you react to a variety of situations (do you throw a fit or keep your composure), your respect for cultures and customs different from yours, etc... I will say one thing about dress, I would feel it disrespectful if someone showed up dressed like a slob, to a wedding, funeral, or similar event because of respect for the situation. I don't understand how a cruise warrants formal attire, I have only done traditional cruises, and dressed according to their dress codes, and as I get a little older, I find this kind of silly, to me there seems to be no real reason for it to be mandatory, but would respect those who enjoy dressing up. I guess I am a little confused about how you can judge someone low class for wearing khakis and a polo to dinner on a vacation. I will say this again as I did in another post, I dress nicely, maybe not your standards, not for the benefit of every else, but out of self respect, and will dress appropriate for the situation. I have not yet cruised NCL but, I have a feeling that the more casual freestyle will have me coming back for more, not because I am a slob, but because I don't have to conform to antiquated standards.

I am greatful that we have choice, and the freedom to worry about things so trivial. As I read all of the posts on the celebrity thread, it really didn't make me want to cruise them any time soon.

MAC

My sentiments, exactly, MAC. Couldn't have said it better. Thanks.

When we're on any cruise, I don't care what line, I dress. I like to put on pretty things and get guzzied up; home, I'm casual all the time. Florida is casual. And I have a closet full of pretties, and I'm not going to be casual on a cruise ship! So there!!!!!:D

I went to prom w/ soon to be (two days!!!) dear wife, if she would have let me I'd have been wearing the ruffly blue pastel shirt ;)

It's so close now! Enjoy your big day. And definitely enjoy the honeymoon cruise. I can't wait to read your review of the Sun! :)

When we're on any cruise, I don't care what line, I dress. I like to put on pretty things and get guzzied up; home, I'm casual all the time. Florida is casual. And I have a closet full of pretties, and I'm not going to be casual on a cruise ship! So there!!!!!:D

That's what is great about freestyle.

You can dress anyway you chose, within the rules of course. If you chose to dress up for a royal audience you can do so. Just don't expect the rest of us to bow to you. :)

That's what is great about freestyle.

You can dress anyway you chose, within the rules of course. If you chose to dress up for a royal audience you can do so. Just don't expect the rest of us to bow to you. :)

:mad: You're not going to bow?????? Ah shucks!!!!!

MAC

I do not see one word about class anywhere in my post that you are referring to. You are the one bringing it up.

Please people please ignore "Ole Tumor". He is an angry old man that is trying to get as much possible use out of his old tuxedo before he goes.;)

PE

Whoa! Talk about being low brow and nasty. Talking about someone's dmise is plain not nice even for the NCL crowd. I am shocked.

Do you think it has a ruffly pastel shirt?

It could look like my prom. Can you name the year?

Actually it is brand new thsispast January so yes I do need to get some wear from it. Sorry never was into the ruffled shirts. In high school I would have gone for a white or yellow tux as that was what my beloved Black rock groups were wearing at the time .

Whoa! Talk about being low brow and nasty. Talking about someone's dmise is plain not nice even for the NCL crowd. I am shocked.

Again you refer to it as the NCL crowd, give some evidence that NCL is a lower class cruiseline (and don't you even tell me you didn't use that phrase) than others in a similar price cat.

Again you refer to it as the NCL crowd, give some evidence that NCL is a lower class cruiseline (and don't you even tell me you didn't use that phrase) than others in a similar price cat.

Well sonny, so far no one has come forward and stated that referring to someone's demise in a post is not a nice thing to do This puts everyone viewing that post in the same category as the poster as far as I am concerned. You are judged by whom you associate with. Besides shouldn't you be producing something for your employer instead of wasting their valuable time on line?

Well sonny, so far no one has come forward and stated that referring to someone's demise in a post is not a nice thing to do This puts everyone viewing that post in the same category as the poster as far as I am concerned. You are judged by whom you associate with. Besides shouldn't you be producing something for your employer instead of wasting their valuable time on line?

Shouldn;t you be stealign candy from a baby, that seems like that would be a perfect career for you.

BTW, I don't condemn anything anyone says against you.

I seriously can't wait to try freestyle. The last time I sailed, I went on the Celebrity Century. Seating at a certain hour is fine and it's a great way to meet people, it just get's old after a while, especially if you want to watch a movie or enjoy a good show for the evening. So I can't wait.

Century-Caribbean 9/04

Star 11/14/06 Mexican Riviera (Can't wait)

I seriously can't wait to try freestyle. The last time I sailed, I went on the Celebrity Century. Seating at a certain hour is fine and it's a great way to meet people, it just get's old after a while, especially if you want to watch a movie or enjoy a good show for the evening. So I can't wait.

Century-Caribbean 9/04

Star 11/14/06 Mexican Riviera (Can't wait)

We can't wait to have you, glad you could join us. Just a little over a month 'till your cruise, you getting excited?

Archived