Internet on Vista Class-What would you advise ?

Jacqueline

My husband is trying to decide between bringing his laptop from home and hooking it up in the cabin versus using the computers in the internet cafe.

HAL wasnt able to give me much info on the in cabin access other than it is dial up and .75 a minute.

Is there a business center that can take faxes ?

Thanks !

Unfortunately he is not going to be able to close out all of his ongoing transactions prior to our cruise which is now just 2 weeks away.

My husband often has to send and receive faxes while we are aboard the various ships and has no difficulty doing that. When the faxes are received, they are promptly delivered to our cabin and when DH needs to send one, he either brings it to the Neptune Lounge and the Concierge handles it for him or he brings it to the office.

It is quite costly sending faxes....

According to the price list in front of me, there are three plans when using your own computer...

1. 250 minutes for $100. (0.40/minute)

2. 100 minutes for $50. (0.50/minute)

3. 40 minutes for $24. (0.60/minute)

These rates are not necessarily for in cabin use...there are two users in the cafe right now who have their own laptops and are being charged the rates above. Hope this helps out some.

I have talked to HAL several times about this----From info I have gathered--inroom dial-up is .50 a minute and NO PLANS apply--This is fine for the convience for me to use daily but .75 is just TOO MUCH!!

If you find out anything different please post!

It is really alot of trouble to lug that far but better than having to go to internet center for daily updates!

FRANK

There is a service that I use to send and receive all of my faxes and I can do it all from my laptop. They have a FREE service and also a paid service if you receive more than 100 faxes in a month.

It is called efax and the website is http://www.efax.com The faxes come out very clear and when printed they look like they were freshly typed up. I have received faxes on my BIG fax machine/ copier/ scanner that were so messed up you could not even read them.

On my last cruise on the Volendam I was able to use the WIFI service and purchased the 250 minute plan which worked out nicely. Although I could not use the service in my cabin, as they do not have that type of service available, I was fine managing my email, faxes, etc from the centrum or the Lido..........

Hope this helps!!

Archived