Do cruiselines supply Wheelchairs...especially RCL?

RCL does not provide wheelchairs for general use. They do provide a wheelchair ride onto and off of their ships. Wheelchairs will also be provided if you are injured while on your cruise. There are companies that you can rent from that will have a wheelchair or scooter onboard for you when you arrive and pick it up after the cruise. I can't remember the names of the companies but hear they are very good and I'm sure that someone will be answering right behind me that will have that info.

Wheelchairs on board ships are for emergency purposes only and for assisting passengers when they are first arriving and departing the ship. All documents and brochures state that passengers must provide their own wheelchairs or scooters. Plus, the WC's on the ships aren't in great condition.

we are booked on RCI for november and have special needs. We have been told they will provide wheelchair to board and disembark but not during the cruise.

INTERESTINGLY we went on Coral Princess past February and they DO PROVIDE wheelchair use throughout the cruise but you must request in advance because they only have so many... but a fair number I believe.

Dont know about any other lines. Hope this helps

we sailed on the navigator sept2-sept9 this year and indeed we did get a wheelchair from the ship for the entire voyage. guest services has a limited number of these . we requested one during the first day on board.there is no fee, but there is a refundable 200 dollar deposit.we had to return the chair the night before disembarkation by 6pm.

Archived