Photos taken by ship's photographer

Casey2

I seem to remember that there was a site where you can sign some sort of release so that additional copies of the photos that were taken by the ship's photagrapher can be made after you get home. Does anyone know anything about this?

I seem to remember that there was a site where you can sign some sort of release so that additional copies of the photos that were taken by the ship's photagrapher can be made after you get home. Does anyone know anything about this?

Here's the website you need, fill out the form and print it, then Walmart, Walgreens etc.will copy the photo for you:)

I had them scanned and made copies - at both Target and Sam's - with no form needed.

I had them scanned and made copies - at both Target and Sam's - with no form needed.

It really depends on who you get behind the counter. At our local Wal-Mart, some of the employees are real sticklers on enforcing the copyright policies, and I would definitely have to have the release.

I even had trouble copying a snapshot picture made in 1925--it was not taken by a professional photographer and was over 75 years old, but I still had great difficulty in getting that copy made.

I made some 5x7's for family members at our local CVS. A local drugstore like Eckards and Wallgreens. I scanned the picutes at home and put them on my cameras memory card. I went up to CVS and had copies made with no problem. No release was asked for.

I work for a camera store and the fine for copying an image with a copyright is $25,000 if the store gets caught. This goes for Walgreen's and CVS stores also. Most employees of these store don't know or don't care.

Images produced prior to January 1, 1978 do not require copyright release.

I work for a camera store and the fine for copying an image with a copyright is $25,000 if the store gets caught. This goes for Walgreen's and CVS stores also.

Wow! No wonder my local store is so careful about getting the release!

Archived