Book Dolphin Encounter Directly or via Carnival?

TwinsMommy

Because the lines have a captive audience, so to speak, they generally charge a little to a lot more and keep their groups well seperated from others so there is little chance one or the other will figure out who paid more, but seldome do they learn "why".

I like to recommend local companies for stuff like this.

http://www.cozumelinsider.com and http://www.*********************** are two that can get you fair admission with discounts and attraction admittance generally at the same price you can buy direct from Dolphin Discovery for.

We did the royal swim on Sept 25th. It was wonderful!!! I booked it directly through Dolphin Discovery. It cost 10.00 each way for a taxi there and I had a coupon for $ 2.00 off admission to the park. It ended up costimg the same as what the ship was asking but we had a better program. The ship just had a dolphin swim. I would recommend the Royal Swim to anyone interested in doing a dolphin experience

I agree the royal swim is way better and so much more interactive. We had to go across on the ferry to Playa Adventouras and do the dolphin swim there because the ship had taken all the spaces at the Cozumel swim. There was plenty of time to take the ferry do the swim and ferry back to the ship. You take a cab from the ferry crossing to the mainland to the Dolphin swim. It was the best thing we did in Cozumel.

Kruisenkel

I would book through cozumelinsider as Jacqui from there has been so helpful. She has answered all our questions or even emails here on Cruise Critic and never would mention to book through the cozumelinsider website.

We should help the 'little business' especially when the 'little business' has been so helpful to us all.

Too bad Island Jim's other website name in his post got removed. I was wondering what it was!

It is easy to get there and you save a lot of money rather that go through the cruse line. A cab is farily in expensive and it is close to the south pier.

Jim,

Glad to see you still posting. I hope you have a great cruise in Tahiti. I am sorry we can't do all the cruises we want. We will be going to the Baltic on Constellation June 2, 2007.

I hope we get to cruise with you sometime. :)

Texed,

I have been wondering how you were doing. We are going to be in Houston the weekend after this. We are going our on the Rhaposdy for a short trip. Could not wait till next June and needed the time off.

I hope things are going well for you.

Blessisngs, Jim

Is there anything to do at the park after the encounter? How long did you spend there? My husband and 10 yo and I are going and we arrive on the ship at 10am the dolphin swim in at 1200 and we leave cozumel at 7 pm so wondering some suggestions do after the swim...thanks again

My daughter and myself are booked for the royal swim can someone give us abit of info. We both have visions of 2 dolphins pushing us at 90 miles per hour and we can not get our heads up to breath. I know this is not true lol but still do not know what to expect.

Archived