volendaam

zory

We're on the March 20th sailing. If you book, let us know, we'll have to meet up onboard. Easter break and spring break, they are both different, right?

We found the Volendam to be an excellent ship, we never felt crowded, the food was always good and the crew were all spectacular. I think you will be very happy with the Volendam.

Yes, Easter & Spring are different... our kids go to Christian school and they observe Easter Break, which for 2005 will be 3/19/05 - 3/27/05.

You may remember some of the posts relating to our 4/3/04 Maasdam sailing in which there were 300+ kids - also on Easter Break... thought I'd give you a head's up.

Many private schools on the East Coast (according to the kids we met on the Maasdam) also observe the week before Easter as the holiday week - most of the kids with us on the Maasdam attended private schools... we had a terrific group of kids on board - the most well-behaved we've ever cruised with.

I don't know how you feel about cruising with lots of kids onboard, I know there are many on these boards who try to avoid it.

We are sailing on her on 11/26/04. There is a long thread under the title "Tell me about the Volendam" further down the list here which gives some great information. Apparantly she is very well thought of....and has a substantial following. We're looking forward to being on board for the first time.. DFD1

(28 sailings on 21 different ships since 1966)

My dad is a retired teacher and we would have to cruise during school vacation times. We always went in February and to tell you the truth, I didn't mind any of the kids onboard. There weren't alot of them, and the ones onboard, were well behaved. I think we'll find less on a 10-dayer???

Oh well either way, we'll have fun.

doone-

There may not be too many kids. I think the reason we had so many was because we left out of Norfolk. Most of the families were from the Norfolk area or New York, many from Baltimore too. It did not seem like too many kids to us - and they were all very well behaved - we enjoyed meeting the other families and their kids were all terrific.

We are looking at booking two BB catagory cabins - close to the inside I cat, hopefully we can take the inside I for our son and our friends son, with our friends next door to our cabin.

We have heard great things about the Volendam, I worked with a woman who would only sail on the Vol.. she raved about it.

We are still finalizing our decision and we have our upcoming Med cruise - the final Noordam voyage - in November. I don't want to wait too long to book this one though, so we may go ahead and do it now. I was surprised to see the price of the Maasdam (Norfolk) departing the same day finally reduce - it's now less than this one. We wanted to fly to FLL because we thought we could get direct flights on Spririt Air, but they announced last week they will no longer operate out of Denver :(

At any rate, we've wanted to cruise on the Volendam for quite some time, I think this on might be it - and it would be great to meet you!

Archived