Question for cheznandy Re:Vila

Tropicalshowers

Hi cheznandy!

I read on a post from you that you have visited Vila many times. After cruising there for the first time in Sept., & wanting to see more, hubby & I are planning a holiday there (by plane) next year. Can you make any recommendations regarding accommodation? We are looking into self-catering at present.

Cheers

P.S Sorry to all other cruisers about this 'unrelated' post:o

Hi Nerissa,

When I have flown I have i have stayed at the le meridian resort, it has changed names many times over the years. Il loved it and didn't bother stayin any where else although I have heard through other travellers that it is getting a little tired of late.

I guess it depends on where you want to stay, I'm kinda over the resort type holidays! Most of the resorts are not in walking distance to the town and you would need to get a taxi.

Last time we visited looked at Chantilly's on the Bay, beautiful spot on the lagoon, 10 minute walk to town along the water. The other place i like the look of is Fatumaru Lodge, just up from Chantilly's and a lot cheaper, right on the water, self catering and only about $170 AUD per night!!. These two places have the best water veiws and gorgeous swimming right off their own jetty!

Erakor Lagoon, where most of the other resorts are located is alot murkier water. le legon being a bit clearer as it is closer to the sea. Irririki Resort is beautiful with the price tag to go with it!! If you stay in a self catering place you then have the option to visit all these places for lunches or dinners and check them out!

The other place I hear is good for the price but haven't seen yet is Tradewinds, apparently it overlooks Erakor Lagoon but up high, they say you can walk to town, probably about 20minutes, it has studio, one and two bed townhouses, a pool and BBQ area. I've been told the manager there is NZ i think and very helpful.

Let me know your email and I will send you some beautiful pictures I took of Chantilly's, from inside the room looking out, just beautiful.

Sorry for raving on all, I just love Vila, fell in love with it in 1984 on my honeymoon, I love the people, the heat and the smell of the frangipanis, even the tropical rains!! Hope some of that helps, happy to send you some pics!!

Cheryl

Hi Nerissa,

When I have flown I have i have stayed at the le meridian resort, it has changed names many times over the years. Il loved it and didn't bother stayin any where else although I have heard through other travellers that it is getting a little tired of late.

I guess it depends on where you want to stay, I'm kinda over the resort type holidays! Most of the resorts are not in walking distance to the town and you would need to get a taxi.

Last time we visited looked at Chantilly's on the Bay, beautiful spot on the lagoon, 10 minute walk to town along the water. The other place i like the look of is Fatumaru Lodge, just up from Chantilly's and a lot cheaper, right on the water, self catering and only about $170 AUD per night!!. These two places have the best water veiws and gorgeous swimming right off their own jetty!

Erakor Lagoon, where most of the other resorts are located is alot murkier water. le legon being a bit clearer as it is closer to the sea. Irririki Resort is beautiful with the price tag to go with it!! If you stay in a self catering place you then have the option to visit all these places for lunches or dinners and check them out!

The other place I hear is good for the price but haven't seen yet is Tradewinds, apparently it overlooks Erakor Lagoon but up high, they say you can walk to town, probably about 20minutes, it has studio, one and two bed townhouses, a pool and BBQ area. I've been told the manager there is NZ i think and very helpful.

Let me know your email and I will send you some beautiful pictures I took of Chantilly's, from inside the room looking out, just beautiful.

Sorry for raving on all, I just love Vila, fell in love with it in 1984 on my honeymoon, I love the people, the heat and the smell of the frangipanis, even the tropical rains!! Hope some of that helps, happy to send you some pics!!

Cheryl

Hi Cheryl!

Many thanks for your response. I have been doing a touch of scouting on the internet (& gathered brochures thismorning from various agents) & the only two places that sound idilic to us, you have mentioned! I sent an e-mail to Fatumaru Lodge to get a quote, and it's cheaper than most of the resort places but sounds far better. It's nice to hear from someone that's actually seen it & it's location. We had planned to have lunch at Chantilly's when we were there but ran out of time. It does look wonderful. I shall send an e-mail regarding costs to them as well. Qantas has the latter listed in their holidays brouchure but I think it will be way over our budget.

You're right ofcourse, we can always eat at the other places....hubby is a chef so it's always on our list of priorities!

I would love to see your pics!

My e-mail is, nerissanshane@westnet.com.au

Thanks again!

Nerissa you have mail!! Kezza I recommended Tripadvisor in the email I sent, good site for accommodation and reviews. We have just finished booking a trip to Thailand next year and used this site, it's really good!!

Cheryl

Archived