American Airlines 44 seat jet

BopRN

Has anyone ever been on one of these for almost 3 hours? That is all that is offered on AA from Ohio to Miami when we need a flight. It seems like a very long time on such a small jet. I can only imagine it would be a very bumpy flight :eek: and when you are not a great flyer anyway, I am concerned about booking it. Any thoughts or experiences?

I assume you are talking about one of the Regional Jets. The interiors are slightly more crowded and smaller than a larger jet, but to me the ride is just as smooth as in a larger jet. I have been on a 2.5 hour flight on one and it was not bad, in fact I was more uncomfortable on a 757 2 weeks earlier.

For flights under 3 to 4 hours, I prefer the Regionals over the larger plane if flying in coach class. There seems to be more leg room and no more than two seats on one side. For longer flights where you might need to stretch your legs, I need the larger as there is not much room for standing on the small ones.

Boarding and disembarking goes very quickly also as there are so few people on board.

I have had to fly in and out of Rochester, NY on many of the smaller jets. We have flown from Atlanta to NY on them and NY to Dallas on them. Personally I find the seats to be more comfortable than the larger jets, with more leg room.

I actually like them better. ;)

EDIT: I never found them to be bumpy.

Plus, 44 seats is rather large compared to some we flew. :D

We have to fly them all the time out of our regional airport. Personally, I'd just as soon avoid the Barbie Dream Jet and fly on a real plane. IMO there isn't much overhead space and they feel cramped. On the plus side they are about as fast as a real jet and they load/unload quickly. They have advantages but IMO, they're just not all that comfortable to fly in.

Oh yea, if you think you might get a little hungry, bring a snack. The gallay doesn't have enough room for anything other than limited beverage service.

We have to fly them all the time out of our regional airport. Personally, I'd just as soon avoid the Barbie Dream Jet and fly on a real plane. IMO there isn't much overhead space and they feel cramped. On the plus side they are about as fast as a real jet and they load/unload quickly. They have advantages but IMO, they're just not all that comfortable to fly in.

Oh yea, if you think you might get a little hungry, bring a snack. The gallay doesn't have enough room for anything other than limited beverage service.

That is the same for any jet these days. We flew a 777 to Miami last week and a 767 back, and still only had limited beverage service.

Archived