Zuiderdam dining on 9/4

We booked a family vacation (9 of us) on the Zuiderdam for 9/4. We are waitlisted for early lower dining and I check HAL's website periodically to see if that time has opened up. Today, the website indicates that all 4 dining times are waitlisted. How can this be? I know some pax may prefer lido, room service, etc., but is it possible to be unable to confirm any dining room seating?

Anyway, my real question is this: assuming HAL can squeeze us in the dining room, has anyone had more than 8 seated at a table? Although there are 9 in our party, one of them is my 2 yr. old who will be in a high chair. My TA thinks HAL will accommodate us, but I wanted to see if anyone has tried this.

Bostonredsoxfan first I hope my DH does not se me typing your name because he is a Yankeeeeeee fan. (if he get's one more T-shirt I will kill him) LOL We are on that cruise with you guys on the 4th. We have a table for 10 reserved. Hal sent me a GROUP DINING REQUEST FORM. I filled it out and sent it back by June 30th. To my knowledge it is all set but I think another call into HAL should do it. We are traveling with friends so I hope you enjoy your trip. Like Stillfrantic said, please join us on the Sept. 4th board.

ps we requested 2nd seating upper

Archived