Has Anyone Noticed? 2 Twins=king Or Queen?

vacation fool

At the risk of sounding stupid, has anyone else noticed that depending on which cruise web site you are on that they claim 2 twins convert to a king while others say the same twins convert to a queen? Now how can that be? And whats up with that?:cool:

Advertising.Anyway, I think the answer maybe that on some cruiselines the "twin" beds are more narrow as in the european style which if pushed together would make them a queen,but if the larger size they would become a king.This is a just a guess on my part,but I thought this question needed an answer....:D

Definitely a Queen size bed--king would be great--but, not so

These seemlike small twins--when we get to the room they are already pushed together

Nancy:)

Only on the Disney ship did the bed look like a king to me-on other lines-as you said-more of a queen.

Twins beds are 39 inches but I think on cruiseships they are usually not even 36 inches.

:D I am definetly smiling and laughing out loud at all of the responses that everyone gave me. (esp the queens out of san fran) I think it is hysterical that everyone has a different perception and that there is not a clearcut answer. No wonder the cruise lines keep us guessing and use it as marketing strategy. Now i don't feel so alone in trying to figure it out. Thanks to all......

Only the ships leaving out of San Francisco have queens.

OK, I smiled. But we're leaving from NYC.:D

And as to bed dimensions, after checking several different web sites, it looks like the consensus is as follows for US beds:

Twin/Single 39" x 75"

Full/Double 54" x 75"

Queen 60" x 80"

King 76" x 80"

So if you start out with two twins and push them together, you get a bed that's a little wider and shorter than a king.

And, of course, all bets are off if non-US or custom dimensions are being referenced.

OK, I smiled. But we're leaving from NYC.:D

And as to bed dimensions, after checking several different web sites, it looks like the consensus is as follows for US beds:

Twin/Single 39" x 75"

Full/Double 54" x 75"

Queen 60" x 80"

King 76" x 80"

So if you start out with two twins and push them together, you get a bed that's a little wider and shorter than a king.

And, of course, all bets are off if non-US or custom dimensions are being referenced.

...C'mon now, Dorothy has friends in the Big Apple too !....As to beds....It does vary from cruise line to cruise line...The one I am most familiar with, HAL, the bed is a full size king in the suites....It seems to me it was the same on QM2, Silver Seas and Regent....

...C'mon now, Dorothy has friends in the Big Apple too !....As to beds....It does vary from cruise line to cruise line...The one I am most familiar with, HAL, the bed is a full size king in the suites....It seems to me it was the same on QM2, Silver Seas and Regent....

You are right-on our Hal cruise it did look more like a king the queen-but not on Carnival and not on Royal Caribean either. On Celebrity zenith also it was more the size of a queen.

Archived