CHANGE in Dining Preference

UBinfwa

We sail on the CB in Feb 2007........

I just checked my Princess Planner and found out that we were assigned Traditional dining at the EARLY sitting when we asked for LATE.

Question:

1.) Should I request a change from Princess now? Will they

do it? Probably waitlist

Can you change once you get on the ship?

2.) Can we do the EARLY sitting a few times and ANYTIME

dining when we desire [ie. in Port] without a problem?

How close do they check your card ?

Has anybody ever been refused anytime dining?

Thanks... This Board is Extremely Helpful and ROCKS

UB:cool:

I can't tell you about traditional dining, we always ask for Anytime Dining. I can tell you that even if they let you use the anytime dining room, you are taking up space from other diners. We have waited as much as 1.5 hours on the Coral for a table - and we aren't able to use your dining room assignment. Kindly be fair to your fellow passengers and make a choice and stick to it.

I just checked my Princess Planner and found out that we were assigned Traditional dining at the EARLY sitting when we asked for LATE.

Question:

do it? Probably waitlist...make the request thru whoever you booked your cruise...you may get waitlisted

Can you change once you get on the ship?...yes, you can try

dining when we desire [ie. in Port] without a problem?...no, you are not meant to eat in the anytime dining restaurant

How close do they check your card ? ...you have to show your room card usually

Has anybody ever been refused anytime dining?...you mean attempting go to the anytime dining room, or refused anytime dining in general?..if you mean in general..."no"

enjoy your cruise

Question:

do it? Probably waitlist

Can you change once you get on the ship?

dining when we desire [ie. in Port] without a problem?

How close do they check your card ?

Has anybody ever been refused anytime dining?

1) You should work thru your booking agent to get the change made. If "traditional" seating is really important to you, make sure you don't give up your early seating just to get on a late seating wait list. You can also try to get your seating assignment changed once on board.

2) The answer to these questions is ... it depends on who is at the door to the "anytime" dining rooms.

In theory, they check everybody's room card to verify you are an "anytime" person. They are supposed to turn you away and I have seen this done. In reality, early traditional diners have often been able to whine enough that they usually get into the anytime dining rooms.

This is personal opinion and to some extent I want to echo keukamom2's comment. I have noticed that a good number of early diners miss their assigned seating on late port days and formal nights (lost track of time while waiting in line for pictures). They often crash the anytime dining rooms and overload the system. This creates a backlog and forces us "anytime" diners to wait for a table when that shouldn't be necessary. DW and I sail Princess because of the anytime dining option and we would appreciate it if early traditional diners would head for the buffet or one of the specialty restaurants if/when they miss thier assigned traditional seating. It's a common courtesy thing.

If it were me, I'd keep the early traditional and ask your TA to waitlist you on late traditional. Once you're onboard, you can talk to the Maitre D or whomever is taking dining change requests and make the arrangements that are best-suited to you.

Archived