Teen Passport. adult use

Patpcozy

We were on the 10/19 Spirit sailing and purchased them for our two sons. The cost per booklet was $34.50 for 20 coupons. They can be used for smoothies or non-alcoholic cocktails. I ordered drinks using them and had no problems. We had some left, so I asked the bartender if they could be used for alcoholic drinks and he told me they could and it would cost an additional $6 for the alcohol. If anyone is interested, we have 3 left over and would be happy to give them away. I hate to see them go to waste.

On the Sun in Feb. I had ordered them in advance for my 2 teens. I thought they would be in our cabin on arrival. They were not. It was a long and complicated process to get them. They kept telling us they had been left for us in the cabin but they hadn't been. Each person we spoke to refered us to someone else. We did get them but it was very frustrating. On the Dawn we will wait and buy them on board.

I wish adults would stop buying these. They are a "special" for teens. If NCL finds too many adults buying them they will stop selling them. Do you ask for the kids price at the movies too???:confused:

I wish adults would stop buying these. They are a "special" for teens. If NCL finds too many adults buying them they will stop selling them. Do you ask for the kids price at the movies too???:confused:

I agree completely. While we're at it, I wish adults would stop abusing the adult soda card too. Ever wonder why the price for the soda cards keep going up? Could the answer be because adults are sharing the same card?

Has anyone else had problems buying them online-- and then getting on board-- and not being able to "find" them? THinking about getting them for our teens ahead of time-- but if it is a hassle we may wait till we get on board... Would love to hear from anyone else who pre-purchased online... Thank you very much!

• 2 months later...

so i guess i should give up on trying to purchase the passport since no children are in our cabin? anyone have experience buying one of these w/ NO kids?? i look young - could prob pass for 20 or 21 but probably not 17. ;) if i go to purchase one from the bartender how do they know there's no kids in the cabin?

I purchased a teen passport on Pride of America last week with my card. I did have two teens but honestly I doubt they would have known. I paid $40 although everywhere on the website says $34.50. I did not complain about the price change. I would recommend that you order ahead of time to save that $5. Everyone in our group- grown ups to little kids used the coupons without any problem. My DH and I ordered virgin Pina Coladas and ;) them in the room. On Pride of America you could get fresh fruit smoothies in the Aloha Cafe on sereral days, but the fresh fruit choices were limited. I never saw berries for example. No mangos, passion fuit or guavas either. They did have bananas, pineapple, oranges and kiwis. You could go get watermelon if you wanted....They were worth the price, even at $40.

I think if you look at your receipt you will find the addition five or so dollars is the bar tip. They add it to the soda cards as well.

Archived