Teen Passport. adult use

Patpcozy

Hi I have a quick question from someone in my group. Can you buy a teen passport without a teen in your cabin and can you use them at the bar? My friend likes the non-alcoholic smoothies and this is such a good deal. She called NCL and they said NO. Has anyone everdone this? Thanks for any info. I've bought them before but always had a teen with me.

Here's my experience: We bought two of the coupon books in Alaska two years ago. At the time, my kids were just outside the age limit for the teen club -- DD was 18, DS was 20. We asked the bartender if we could purchase them anyway -- no problems at all.

All four of us used the coupons, but we still had almost a full book of them left. They went along on our next cruise on the Sea -- and again, we all used them with no questions asked. I plan on taking the remaining 6 on the Jewel in a couple of weeks, and hope to be able to use them up then.

Would they have sold them to us without the kids along -- I can't say for positive, but it sure didn't seem like the bar staff cared who was using the coupons. I'm pretty sure you can't order them in advance without a passenger in the correct age group, but I'd just inquire the first day. My guess is that you'll be able to buy them.

thanks for all the input. I thought it wouldn't be a problem if we just got them from the bar. Just glad to hear if anyone else did this. We leave Sunday and I told my friend I would post here and find the answer LOL

Cruise critic to the rescue again!:D

I had purchased four passport booklets when I sailed on the Majesty in August with my three teens. (one for me, lol)

No one questioned anything, I bought them at a table they had set up outside of Crossroads during embarkation. The only thing they cared about was getting my card to swipe to pay for them.

I had a ton left so I gave some to a few people on here. (MacDays, I'm glad you enjoyed them!!!)

You should have no problem purchasing and/or using them.

The coupons can be used for either the fruit-based smoothies (the banana ones are really, really good), or the virgin cocktails. My DH frequently gets a virgin margarita for the sail-away party, while I do prefer the fruit-based smoothies.

The coupons can be used for either the fruit-based smoothies (the banana ones are really, really good), or the virgin cocktails. My DH frequently gets a virgin margarita for the sail-away party, while I do prefer the fruit-based smoothies.

Thanks!!! Looks like I need to order the pkg.

From NCL's website:

20 non-alcoholic drinks, including non-alcoholic smoothie in a 12-14 oz. glass. $34.50

The teen and a guest are entitled to an afternoon dance party with the D.J., pizza and unlimited non-alcoholic drinks

The Teen will also receive an invitation to a "Farewell Frat Party" on the last evening of the cruise. Passports are not replaceable if lost.

The price ends up being about the same as a can of soda, so I personally wouldn't use them for the sodas, but would save them for the smoothies.

Can I ask how much the passports are? And are they used for any nonalcoholic drink (sodas, smoothies, etc)? You just give a coupon to the bartender and that pays for your drink? Thanks!

They are $34.50

Here's a link to the passport on NCL's site http://www.ncl.com/nclweb/cruiser/staticPages.html?pageId=bon_voyage_gifts#kids

From the link:

20 non-alcoholic drinks, including non-alcoholic smoothie in a 12-14 oz. glass The teen and a guest are entitled to an afternoon dance party with the D.J., pizza and unlimited non-alcoholic drinks

The Teen will also receive an invitation to a "Farewell Frat Party" on the last evening of the cruise. Passports are not replaceable if lost.

From NCL's website:

20 non-alcoholic drinks, including non-alcoholic smoothie in a 12-14 oz. glass. $34.50

The teen and a guest are entitled to an afternoon dance party with the D.J., pizza and unlimited non-alcoholic drinks

The price ends up being about the same as a can of soda, so I personally wouldn't use them for the sodas, but would save them for the smoothies.

Can I ask how much the passports are? And are they used for any nonalcoholic drink (sodas, smoothies, etc)? You just give a coupon to the bartender and that pays for your drink? Thanks!

$34.50 - good for 20 non-alcoholic drinks, including non-alcoholic smoothie in a 12-14 oz. glass. Not sure whether it's useable for soda.

Thanks All, My friend and I have decided to buy 1 package and split it and then if we need another we'll do that mid week. We are just thinking 20 fruit smoothies in one week may be a few too many.LOL

lthouselady I remember when you posted about having extras, it was so generous of you to share.

Thanks again everybody!!!!

We purchased one for our teenage daughter for a cruise on the Sea a year ago. We didn't use them all and brought the remainder on the Star in July. I used them and my daughter used them.

They're for a smaller smoothy than the featured smoothy of the day (about half the size). However, I think that depends on the bartender. We've also been given the full sized one.

Hmmm...wonder if that was because my blond, 5'1" 15 year old daughter requested them... :)

I had purchased four passport booklets when I sailed on the Majesty in August with my three teens. (one for me, lol)

No one questioned anything, I bought them at a table they had set up outside of Crossroads during embarkation. The only thing they cared about was getting my card to swipe to pay for them.

I had a ton left so I gave some to a few people on here. (MacDays, I'm glad you enjoyed them!!!)

You should have no problem purchasing and/or using them.

They were great, and thanks again! I used mine on the banana smoothies too. They are yummy!

I purchased a teen passport on Pride of America last week with my card. I did have two teens but honestly I doubt they would have known. I paid $40 although everywhere on the website says $34.50. I did not complain about the price change. I would recommend that you order ahead of time to save that $5. Everyone in our group- grown ups to little kids used the coupons without any problem. My DH and I ordered virgin Pina Coladas and ;) them in the room. On Pride of America you could get fresh fruit smoothies in the Aloha Cafe on sereral days, but the fresh fruit choices were limited. I never saw berries for example. No mangos, passion fuit or guavas either. They did have bananas, pineapple, oranges and kiwis. You could go get watermelon if you wanted....They were worth the price, even at $40.

My husband bought a teen passport on the Dream last year, but he had to coerce someone into selling it to him, and then he had trouble using the tickets with certain people (others didn't seem to care). (We have no kids.) We don't drink much alcohol and the smoothies looked really good. We still have some tickets left so we're going to bring them on the Majesty this year.

My husband bought a teen passport on the Dream last year, but he had to coerce someone into selling it to him, and then he had trouble using the tickets with certain people (others didn't seem to care). (We have no kids.) We don't drink much alcohol and the smoothies looked really good. We still have some tickets left so we're going to bring them on the Majesty this year.

we had the same thing happen some bartenders would give you a hard time if your not a teen. But most didn't say anything.

I think the price is $34.50, but they add a 15% gratuity to it which brings the total cost to close to $40. I tried to order one before I cruise (I think I called rather than online), but because my DD was not yet 13, they wouldn't sell it to me ahead of time. We had no problems buying one once we got onboard. I know I used it to get a virgin cocktail at least twice, and had no problems with the bar staff then, on either the Wind or the Majesty.

Archived