Can't even to tell you how upset I am with our Inspiration cruise.....

crazycruzer68

Just because people enjoy a different life style than yours does'nt make them wrong. I am not into swinging I love my husband of 20 years, but gosh. Lets see these people were on the funnel deck which is topless, and in bars ohh where adults are. Its your choice not to look or take part or just leave. Did you ever think maybe your children annoyed them? But forgive me or not these people paid money for there cruise just like you. I can not judge people on there lifestyle, I have enough going on in my own life without judging other peoples.

Oh, please...I'm NOT judging their lifestyle...I said I don't care what sexual persuasion people are, but I STILL don't think people should be subjected to PUBLIC nudity and sex. I may be an adult and in a bar, but I still don't want to see people up on the dance floor 'dirty' dancing and groping one another. I also don't want to see that in the dining room or public places where there are children. AND having sex in the pool? Well, that's just plain WRONG!!! :mad: And they were not only nude on the funnel deck...they were in public areas.

Dear Josie1968 and others who come across situations like this....

If you feel you have been overly exposed to such situations (bear in mind though different nationalities have different views and "pain" threshholds) insist on a meeting with the hotel manager and have him confirm your complaint in writing (please remember this is only for really severe cases) Once you are home you can CC it to the head of Department in question.

Taking photos to back up your staements is always good.. Like for example the Door decorations you mentioned. The others maybe problematic soo no photos of people

If the situation is really that bad that you felt you couldn't allow your child around certain public areas normally passed through by children. Don't just leave it until the end of the cruise. Complain directly and don't accept being brushed off. If need be contact the Captain if the Hotel Manager will not see you. However I am willing to bet that if your complaint is vailid he will see you. To get that appointment be polite - don't shout, threaten or be offensive as that will not get you anywhere...

Being polite will get you a long way.....and chances are the group will be asked to refrain for certain activites in public...

Um hello, it's not the wristbands that are offensive. Do what you want, just not behaviour that can get you arrested on land in front of the rest of us. That's too much to ask?:rolleyes:

Absolutley, no argument here. There are definitely some things that need to be kept private. Walking around in a thong or topless on F-Deck don't fall into that category. I think the OP was more offended with the concept of the group than anything that was actually done on the ship.

The only way I would be looking for a free cruise is if my cruise diden't go off, or went back to the dock after 2 days of a 7 day cruise. I would want Carnival to change its policy and let me know what groups are on the ship that week so this doesn't happend again. And if carnival is worried about people backing out, than they need to make a dollar and sense decision. You are at sea I would try to make the best of it and turn this into a learning thing for my kids to be very carefull of the wackos and try to point them out. Carnival and my PVP would hear from me when I got back.

Your TA/PVP could be fired or sued for disclosing that information - I am sorry for the OP - but the Vacation Guarantee could have definitely come into play here -

Absolutley, no argument here. There are definitely some things that need to be kept private. Walking around in a thong or topless on F-Deck don't fall into that category. I think the OP was more offended with the concept of the group than anything that was actually done on the ship.

I respectively disagree completely with your assessment of what the OP was offended by but if you want to latch on to the most minor details that the op gave to defend this nonsense, go for it. I'm pretty sure the erect penises (not yours MrPete:) ) might have had a bit to do with it however. And yes, topless on the f-deck is perfectly allowable but the reason they make it a separate deck and block it from children is because it may be offensive to some people and therefore they don't have to see it. If the deck is full and everyone's standing then it is visible from other parts of the ship. A little decorum and respect for your fellow passengers really isn't that tough to pull off.

You would have to make an effort to look up to the funnel deck in order to see the people up there.

No you don't have to make an efford to look up there, i spend time on F-deck and if i stand up, the top of the waterslide is directly across the ship and everyone in line to the waterlide or on the waterslide can look directly across at you.

Also the ships webcam is aimed straight across at the funnel.

After reading this post, I was concerned that my cruise might have large groups (good or bad?) sailing with me. The Carnival Pride sailing out of Long Beach on Nov 5th has been sold out since last week . . . .

I just called Carnival to ask if they knew of any large groups on this sailing. They said there were a few small groups but mostly individual bookings.

When I told them I was a CC member and was concerned with a recent post about a "swingers" invasion on Carnival......his EXACT words were "Yes, I am reading that post right now, you're talking about JOSIE1968 right?". :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

WOW! I said "word travels fast!" and his response was that "Yes, it does. We brouse CC all the time and have gotten an influx of calls this morning concerning this. We are diligently looking into this right now."

He assured me not to worry. Which I won't. But I just wanted to let the OP know that your concerns and post have not gone unnoticed. Good Job! :D

Originally Posted by racegrrl

A group can book and lie about what they are all about, so it's kind of hard for Carnival to do too much about that part of it.

Carnival certainly could, and should have, advised the group that some member's behavior was offensive and unacceptable. Each guest who continued to violate reasonable standards could (and should be) put off the ship in the next port. Problem solved.

Since Carnival failed to protect the other guests, they certainly owe them something...people missed out on their vacation! I have no respect for whiners who write to the cruise line about stupid stuff that could happen anywhere, expecting some kind of compensation. But this situation was outrageous and the cruise line should have addressed it. Since they didn't, they should make it up to the other guests on board who were adversely affected.

You misunderstood what I meant and I can understand why. I was referring to at the time when Carnival BOOKED the group, not after th group has boarded. For instance: A group can call and book a cruise and say they called are the Fairies - they could be a bunch of gay men in purple shoes or a bunch of people who like to sneak into homes and leave quarters under stranger's pillows or who knows . . . Carnival can't control the actions that bring the group together (whether it's collecting baseball cards, being fans of a soap or a sports team, or swingers).

Yes, I totally agree every action should be taken to curtail indecent and illegal behavior. End of story.

Our first cruise on the Inspiration was filled with a group of "Boyd's Bears" collectors. As a person who has few of these, I know what they were, and the people were quite pleasant to be around. No problems with them! :)

Originally Posted by racegrrl

A group can book and lie about what they are all about, so it's kind of hard for Carnival to do too much about that part of it.

You misunderstood what I meant and I can understand why. I was referring to at the time when Carnival BOOKED the group, not after th group has boarded. For instance: A group can call and book a cruise and say they called are the Fairies - they could be a bunch of gay men in purple shoes or a bunch of people who like to sneak into homes and leave quarters under stranger's pillows or who knows . . . Carnival can't control the actions that bring the group together (whether it's collecting baseball cards, being fans of a soap or a sports team, or swingers).

Yes, I totally agree every action should be taken to curtail indecent and illegal behavior. End of story.

Our first cruise on the Inspiration was filled with a group of "Boyd's Bears" collectors. As a person who has few of these, I know what they were, and the people were quite pleasant to be around. No problems with them! :)

Alot what you are saying could be true......but it seems they advertise these cruises on other web sites as well....makes ya wonder:cool:

Alot what you are saying could be true......but it seems they advertise these cruises on other web sites as well....makes ya wonder:cool:

Oh yes they do. I was just talking to Alex about this - a rare afternoon at home together ahhhh - and we were reminiscing about the Boyds group on our cruise. Told him I did a search on our cruise and found no groups, but the cruise before us has a group of General Hospital stars and their fans on it, and in January, there is Lynard Skynard group on the Fascination.

A few keystrokes on Google, and I found two or three gay travel websites with all of 2007 scheduled cruises for their group listed (no Carnival ones booked) as well as a couple of other swinger cruises. Very easy to do.

I have taken groups on several cruise lines and they generally don't ask a lot of questions about what the group is for so it is possible that Carnival did not even know before hand that is was for swingers. All of the cruise lines also allow groups to reserve rooms and lounges for their private use during the cruise and I don't think you'd really want to be in that lounge with them anyway. As far as the things going on in public in front of your children, I TOTALLY understand as I have five children myself that I would not exposed to that but I think that is more the poor judgement of the members of the group than anything else. I don't think that there is very much that they could do.

Oh yes they do. I was just talking to Alex about this - a rare afternoon at home together ahhhh - and we were reminiscing about the Boyds group on our cruise. Told him I did a search on our cruise and found no groups, but the cruise before us has a group of General Hospital stars and their fans on it, and in January, there is Lynard Skynard group on the Fascination.

A few keystrokes on Google, and I found two or three gay travel websites with all of 2007 scheduled cruises for their group listed (no Carnival ones booked) as well as a couple of other swinger cruises. Very easy to do.

I know. What I was referring to is the comment that maybe carnival does not know exactly what kind of group is booking at the time....(like they say they are one group and come to find out it is different)

I'm assuming carnival must know what the groups are because the groups also advertise their cruises on other sites....

I have taken groups on several cruise lines and they generally don't ask a lot of questions about what the group is for so it is possible that Carnival did not even know before hand that is was for swingers. All of the cruise lines also allow groups to reserve rooms and lounges for their private use during the cruise and I don't think you'd really want to be in that lounge with them anyway. As far as the things going on in public in front of your children, I TOTALLY understand as I have five children myself that I would not exposed to that but I think that is more the poor judgement of the members of the group than anything else. I don't think that there is very much that they could do.

There was 400 in the group and they did not know what kind of group it was.........I don't buy it:cool:

what did you type in google?

For our cruise' date=' I typed in exactly like this:

"Carnival Fascination" November 2006

I got a lot of travel agent websites, but it also flagged any website that had the words Carnival and Fascination right next to each other, then also included the words November and 2006 in them. There were lots of websites that popped up that weren't for groups, but it's easy to find the ones that did.

Try it with another ship and sailing.

For the other groups, I just typed in "gay cruise" or "swinger's cruise" and so many many sites popped up. Didn't look at them all obviously. But you can see by the web address if the page has info you might get what you are looking for on.

Racegrrl,

you might not want to show him how to check out the websites you have been on today either!

;) Good thinking! :p

We both have our own laptops - his favorites is full of race sites, mine is full of travel and restaurant sites. And neither the two shall meet! :)

He already found the F-deck on our first cruise - and it was the second place he visited on the Glory (after checking out the buffet, even this guy has his priorities!) LOL

Archived