Free Cruise Questions for Rewards Travel

pking

Has anyone booked a free cruise through the Celebrity Rewards program? From the site, it looks like you can only book ocean view rooms. Are upgrades available to nicer rooms or CC? We're looking into this now as we expect we will be able to book this in the next 6 months. Any experiences would be helpful.

This Is How It Works. We Just Went Through The Process So I Believe I Have It Right. The Voucher For A Free Cruise For 2 Is Good For An Outside Cabin Up To A Total Of $2500. So If The Best Outside Room Available Was $1100 X 2 Your Certificate Would Be Worth $2200. If You Wish To Upgrade To A Balcony, They Would Compute The Price Of The Veranda And Deduct $2200 From It, In This Example. Now, I Must Admit That Last Year I Did This With A Free Cabin On Rci And The Value Of A Room Was Only 1700 And The Veranda Was 2578 And They Upgraded It For $78!! However, That Was Not The Way It Was Supposed To Have Been Computed, As I Now Know. Having Said That, You May Still End Up With Someone Who Is Unsure Of The Exact Rules, But The Woman I Dealt With Was Very Sure Of Herself And The Rules. Enjoy Your Free Cruise!!

Steve

it takes 125,00 points to redeem a free cruise for two in an outside cabin. generally a caribbean cruise of 10 days in the winter runs about 1100/pp or more. if you earn this many points quickly, then it is almost like getting double points, so from that perspective, it is "worth it".

Archived