ROLL CALL: 2/25/07 Caribbean Princess

MattInFLL

Hi All,

Max, I complained to RSVP and didn't get a reply (email) Do you think if I push hard enough they would upgrade us? I don't want to push too hard because they have been very nice.

All in all I'm just happy to be going, but if I could squeek out another upgrade that would be great!

Have a great day all,

Tim & Rick

Steven - welcome! I hope we can figure out a way to all meet at the Cubby Hole... I am pretty sure I have a "cruise critic" baseball cap in my closet.. I'd be willing to wear it, and be a beacon...

Tim n Rick - It's difficult getting through to RSVP right now. I have my travel agent working on it. Luckily he's a friend, so he's making a good effort. If you booked direct - just keep calling. If you used a travel agent, they may only deal with the agent.

My best friend and his partner had a BA balcony cabin, and they really didn't have much to offer them as an upgrade, since the mini-suites and upper suites are pretty much sold out... so they offered to give them 2 for 1 on a future cruise, and they were happy with that.

I hope everyone is successful getting some sort of upgrade. That idea of 2 for 1 on a future cruise seems like it would be a good incentive. The last two years I dealt with my local AAA travel agent who is a friend of mine, and I bet she wouldn't have been able to get me such a good deal or service. This year, after reading on the Yahoo RSVP cruise board about Dan Howell Travel in Cincinnati, OH, who handles many reservations for RSVP, I booked through him. I couldn't be more pleased, and would highly recommend him (1-866-541-2187) for future bookings.

Since we will be flying into Fort Lauderdale the morning of departure, we will be unable to meet anyone at The Cubby Hole, so I hope we can still have another get-together onboard!

My TA just confirmed we have been upgraded to cabin C605, a Cat. BA balcony. I'm very happy with that. We'll be 9 doors down from you, Max, so I am sure we will have a chance to say hello.

Also, once they release a schedule, we should be able to plan a get together on board, early in the trip.

Good for you, Matt! Glad to hear of your upgrade and that we will be in the same "neighborhood".

And speaking of the cruise schedule, hopefully that will be posted SOON. I need to do more planning! To quote the Pointer Sisters: "I'm so excited....and I just can't hide it."

I called RSVP yesterday direct even though I booked through a travel agent. I had just gotten home and found a mailing from RSVP offering free air for the Caribbean cruises for new bookings. Well with 2 for ones, upgrades and now air, I called and asked what about a single who was paying double, and an alumni to boot. Not a complaint, but I was curious as to how they go about doing things for loyal passengers that booked and paid already.

Well they brought up my records and saw that I was already booked on the Rome trip and asked me if I would like a 2 for 1 on that trip...I said yes. Now I will have the cabin to myself. Considering this is longer than a 7 night cruise, this seems a great way to take care of me....so I am very happy. I just hope I see something in the way of a formal document so I do not get a surpise when I show up in Rome and find something other than what was promised. I called BJ at Concirege Travel and asked him to confirm the agreed to offer.

Heaven knows what this will cost RSVP with all these deals.....I hope they can handle these losses in revenu.

RMS (Tom),

My agent spoke with RSVP and tried to arrange for a 2-4-1 on a future cruise. Because we are booked on this cruise, have been on many many others and paid mucho $ for our suite we thought perhaps they could work out a deal. The company told my agent he did'nt know of an arrangement being made for anyone else. He said that he would like a passengers name who had such an arrangement to refer to and then he might be able to do something. I don't suppose you would like to give me your name as a reference but if you would I can be reached @ mailgig@aol.com. Thanks

Hi Gang,

I don't know if we'll be able to meet at the Cubby Hole but if not we should meet for drinks on board. Even if we did meet at Cubby Hole we'll have drinks on board anyway !!! :D

Jim & Terry

Matt,

I might need to call if our travel consultant does'nt have any luck. He has a long relationship and good repore with RSVP. We'll see what comes out of it. They are not going to be able to accommodate everyones request if they don't fall under the new booking guideline. I just thought we would give it a try.

Regardless, we are very much looking forward to the cruise, enjoying ourselves, and booking future cruises. Speaking of future cruises have you ever done Alaska on RSVP?

Jim & Terry

I am going to call RSVP today and reconfirm what they promised as they did not call my travel agent as they stated they would. Once I get the confirmation, I will send you all info to your e-mail address as requested.

I dont want to even guess all the calls they are getting concerning deals.....I think they opened pandoras box so to speak.

In the meantime I am working with my TA on a mainstream cruise for late Nov 2008. I have always wanted to try a transatlantic and am going to try Crystal. I would have liked to try the QM2, but the timing this year did not allow. But it worked out that I could take the Rome trip so life is good.

Once I lock into the transatlantic on the Crystal Serenity.....I'm going to see if I can drum up a group on Cruise Critic. A gay Cruise Critic group on a 10 day cross the pond over Thanksgiving could be interesting, especially on this line that is reported to be very gay friendly. Its pricey, but as a single for 10 days it is still less $$ than the RSVP QM2 cruise (6 days) as they charge singles only 25% surcharge.

Have a great day...off to work to pay for all this boat stuff.

Tom

Jim & Terry - I have done Alaska, but not on RSVP. We did a gay group of about 200 on Celebrity's Infinity. That's also the cruise where I met the couple who eventually introduced me to my partner (months later) - so good memories.

Of all the places I have ever been, Alaska ranks right up there as one of the most breathtaking. Obviously, you don't get the "pool games" experience, and it is a very shore oriented trip, but I would go back on almost any cruise, gay or straight.

Yet another cabin change for us. We are now in C608 which puts us more toward midship. Does anyone know where to find a side view of the ship showing the different decks all together? RSVP has one on the ship page for our cruise, but the labels are blurred. Rick and I are both so excited that we are already thinking about next year!

We are also arriving late the night before the cruise so the Cubby is out for us too, but we would love to meet onboard.

Welcome to Caribe Deck Tim and Rick! We will be almost directly across from you (on the other side of the ship).

If you go to www.webshots.com just do a search for "caribbean princess" and then add key words such as balcony, or side, etc. You may have to register to search - it's free. The easy way to find Caribe deck, is to look for the life boats. The deck above that is all the mini suites (these are the balconies that jut out the farthest). Next one up is Caribe. The nice thing, is that the balconies on that deck are larger than standard, and are partially sheltered and partially exposed. So you can get sun and privacy.

Is Amy the one that sings the "p*ssy song"?

Matt

yep... that's Amy. She's a hoot. I'm hoping they are able to put her in a bigger venue for the last nights on the cruise. On the October cruise it was fine the first few nights but as word of mouth spread it was just packed.

Still curious who the other entertainment is going to be on this trip. I'm a little surprised there hasn't been anything announced yet. For the October cruise there was a daily schedule and most the entertainment announced a couple of months beforehand.

Thanks Matt! I feel like I'm flying blind (or sailing blind as the case may be) when it comes to choosing a cabin. I'm excited about Amy & Freddie. From what I read they are very funny. I only know one Thelma Houston song, but I'm glad she'll be there.

I have to admit I'm holding out for a Deborah Cox, Abigail or Reina type. I hope we get some idea soon.

Hey, it sounds like the Caribe deck is going to be the party deck! Welcome "down", Tim & Rick.

My partner Bob talked with RSVP yesterday about when the activity schedule would be posted, and they said probably not until around Feb. 1. Our documents should be sent out around the end of next week. They also said the ship was about 85% booked.

Phil, I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that Amy & Freddy would actually be the featured entertainment in the theatre one night. I could be wrong. I wonder if RSVP is going to do anything with the Oscars like they did last year, since the Academy Awards are the night we set sail. Of course there is no Brokeback Mountain this year, but there is Dreamgirls!

Thanks Max! glad to be on the party deck.

Maybe they'll do an Oscars under the stars? I may go insane before February 1. I check the site at least 3 times a day to see if they have posted the entertainment yet.

Oh well, I guess I should get a life until then. I know my coworkers wish I would. Cruise, cruise, cruise...

Timmmmm you are a cute one....errr handsome man! Sorry Rick...its that North Carolinian bald head......takes me back to when I lived in Jacksonville N.C. and use to go to Wilmington on Saturday nights. Those Carolina guys...........lordy lordy lordy.

I look forward to meeting you both on board.

Now if it was only time to go...its way too cold here in Pa.

Tom

Hi Guys,

If you are looking for videos of the Caribbean Princess, try using WWW.YOUTUBE.COM. Search (Caribbean Princess). Some good home made videos showing the ship, and ports that we will be visiting.

I booked this cruise in November for an inside cabin for myself, paying double the price since I'm not sharing. When I heard about the 2-for-1 deal, I sent an email to RSVP....NOT being negative about this decision, and I was upgraded to BA Cat. balcony cabin. I'm very pleased with this move. I'm sure RSVP is under an obligation with Princess to fill this ship, even if RSVP has to take a cut in Revenue. Princess is looking at the number of people on board to make a profit with onboard sales. Even if I didn't get an upgrade, I wasn't going to let this bitter me for this vacation. I don't plan to be in my cabin except to sleep...and such other things!

Archived