Canadians Booking in USD While On Board

dmk

Last February, I was not able to book a future cruise in USD while on board the Summit. The agent said it was not allowed. I could only book in CAD which I did. Anyway when I came home, I called the CC and they immediately changed my booking to USD. CC couldn't understand why I wasn't allowed to book in USD on my cruise.

I know this happened to some other Canadians. My question: Is it still a problem for a Canadian to book in USD while on board.

:) Good afternoon,

I never tried ( but will on our upcoming full Panama on MERCURY for a Northern Europe next summer).

I have no problem having our local cruise broker book our stuff in USD, and if the onboard booking can only be done in your ''home'' currency, no big deal as when you're back home, you can transfer the booking to your TA, who also gets it converted in USD.

We've always booked in USD, specially in the past 2-3 years with the strenght of our loonie...

Cheers

Claude G

( originally St-Jerome & Montreal....)

;)

On the Galaxy cruise of Sept. 25, we booked another cruise and it was in US funds. I was given the choice.

Gerry

I am so pleased to hear that.:D It is really just a nuisance to come back and change it over to USD.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived