Royal family suite with balcony - Advice

me@sea

I am looking to book a Mexican cruise for an extended family trip holiday - 2 children (age 3 & 7) & grandparents. What is the Royal family suite with balcony like? Does anyone have any pictures?

Thanks!

If I were you, I'd rather have 2 separate cabins--intimacy on a vacation is a must! Don't want to be tripping over the kids and the parents! Let the kids room with the grandparents! Whatever you pick, make sure there are 2 bathrooms--1 just won't cut it--they're very tiny!

I am looking to book a Mexican cruise for an extended family trip holiday - 2 children (age 3 & 7) & grandparents. What is the Royal family suite with balcony like? Does anyone have any pictures?

Thanks!

Booked on Rhapsody in 2 weeks. It is a 2 bedroom, 2 bath,living room with sofabed.

There is a sliding glass door with drapes seperating the living room and master. One bathroom is in the master has a tub with shower.

I would go for it. I'm sorry I don't have any pictures, but will in a couple weeks.

Book it and enhjoy your family cruise:D

We had the RFS on the Rhapsody this past January. There were 6 adults (myself, husband, son #1 and his wife, son #2, and a niece). It was plenty big enough for all of us. As my daughter-in-law said, "This cabin is bigger than our first apartment"! :p

As you enter the cabin, there was a bathroom on the right. It just had a toilet and shower. We made this the "guys" bathroom. :) The master bathroom was for the females because it had a bathtub and was larger.:D

On the left side of the hallway, across from the bathroom, there was a large walk-in closet. The ones that stayed in the regular bedroom used this for their clothes and to store their luggage.

After the closet, the next door on the left was the regular bedroom.

Son#1 and his wife slept in the regular bedroom. It has 2 beds that can be pushed together to make 1 bed, and 2 pullmans attatched to the wall. This bedroom can sleep 4 people. Niece also slept in the same bedroom with them on one of the pullmans. Only "problem" she had was she had to step onto their bed to get out or into her pullman. Was a little snug in there with the pullmans pulled down into the bed position. This room also had a glass window that ran from floor to ceiling with a curtain. The view from the window looks into the entrance to the master bedroom, and a little bit of the living room. If you closed the curtain at night, it was pitch-black in there. There isn't a tv in this bedroom.

Across from the regular bedroom, in the hallway, is a little desk area with a mirror. We used this area to stack the dishes left from room service until we put them in the hallway for pickup.

The living room had a couch, coffee table, and 2 chairs. Their was an entertainment center (for lack of a better word) that housed the tv, safe, and refrigerator, which is really a cooler, not a refrigerator. We found this out when we called Maintenance because it wasn't keeping things cold, just cool. There is a large glass window above the couch so you can sit and look out without being outside on the balcony. It was a nice size living room, never felt crowded.

We had the master bedroom, which is across from the living room, and it was a pretty good size. As someone else posted, the master bathroom is the one with a bathtub. It had 2 closets, and nightstands on each side of the bed. Has a sliding glass door that went out onto the balcony. Also had a sliding glass door with curtains that seperated the master bedroom from the living room. Only time I shut that and drew the curtains was when late at night someone was up watching tv in the living room. Most of the time it was left open. Master bedroom also has a vanity area with a mirror that was perfect for sitting and fixing my hair everyday. The tv for the bedroom is above that vanity area.

There is a door in the living room that goes out to the balcony, but for some reason, everyone usually walked thru the master bedroom and used the sliding glass door.

The balcony got a little crowded if we all were out there at the same time, like at sail away, but it was nice for 2 to 3 people. It had a table, 2 chairs, and a reclining patio lounger. The lounger took up alot of room. I found out later after our cruise, I could had asked the room steward to remove it and had more room. I wish I had known that because no one really used it. We mainly sat in the chairs or stood at the railing to watch the flying fish...:D

If I were you, I'd rather have 2 separate cabins--intimacy on a vacation is a must! Don't want to be tripping over the kids and the parents! Let the kids room with the grandparents! Whatever you pick, make sure there are 2 bathrooms--1 just won't cut it--they're very tiny!

What do you want to bet that the grandparents might like (and be entitled to) privacy and intimacy just as much as the other adults? (After all, just because they're grandparents doesn't mean they don't have "personal interests" together anymore!) ;) Not to mention that they've already done their "kid raising" duties and might want some time with peace and quiet.

What about the balcony with connecting inside for the parents and kids and then a balcony next door for the grandparents? Or two connecting balconies so the grandparents can have time with the grandkids, but also shut the door for their own private times.

beachchick

Here is the bedroom ...

Royal+Suite+bedroom+-+Pan.jpg

Here is the entry (there is a table for dining under the camera) ...

Royal+Suite+entry+-+Pan.jpg

Here is the sitting room ...

Royal+Suite+siting+room+-+Pan.jpg

Here is the bathroom ...

RS+-+bathroom+-+Pan.jpg

Here is 1/2 of the balcony (looking forward) ...

RS+balcony+looking+forward.jpg

The above photos are from my tour on Oct 1, 2006. Sorry, but CC only allows five photos per post.

We had an Aft RFS on the enchantment, and it was a wonderful cabin, with 2 separate bathrooms and 2 private bedrooms, as well as a sleeping area in the living room. The balcony was enormous, and there were other perks, such as access to the concierge lounge and priority boarding and tendering, that you would miss with 2 separate balcony cabins. There is a lot of variability from ship to ship...our cabin had lots of window, with a sliding patio door in the master bedroom, giving direct access to the balcony; on other ships the master bedroom is dark, without windows.

You must be thinking of the family OV. The RFS could put the parents in one bedroom, the kids or grandparents in the other bedroom and the remaining 2 on the sofa bed in the living room. 2 bathrooms.

This suite also comes with concierge service.

The Op was asking about the Royal Family Suite, I don't believe they have a piano in there!

Awesome pictures of the royal suite though! It looks gorgeous!

Oops! You are correct. Okay, here are some photos of the Family Suite on the Vision OTS ...

The master bedroom ...

Family+Suite+Master+bedroom+-+Pan.jpg

The second bedroom ...

Family+Suite+second+BR+-+Pan.jpg

The sitting room ...

Family+Suite+sitting+room+-+Pan.jpg

The text on the door does not come with the room. The person in the hall is my agent (he arranged the tour).

And here is the balcony ...

Web+GV-balcony+lower+level.jpg

Okay, that is not really the balcony for the Royal Family Suite (that is the balcony for the Garden Villa on the NCL Star). Sorry, but I did not take any photos of the balcony on the Royal Family Suite.

Here are my photos from my tour of the Vision OTS one year earlier (Oct 2005) ...

The sitting room ...

Web+Cab+-+Fam+suite+1.jpg

Looking toward the master bedroom from the sitting room ...

Web+Cab+-+Fam+suite+2.jpg

Looking down the hall to the sitting room from the entry door. The second bedroom door is open on the left ...

Web+Cab+-+Fam+suite+3.jpg

And finally the balcony ...

CA+-+PH+-+balcony+_amp_+hot+tub.jpg

Okay, that is not really the balcony either. This one is from the penthouse on the Celebrity Summit. Fact is, I didn't take a picture of the balcony last year either.

However, you might be able to see the balcony in this photo ...

Vision+OTS+docked+in+San+Pedro+-+Pan.jpg

Will be on the Voyager in a Royal Family Suite, does anyone have photos of the bathrooms and the balcony?

Well, I'll be in a Royal Family Suite on the Freedom in June. So I don't have any other inside photos of any other Royal Family Suites. I do however have some balcony photos ...

This is the Voyager in St. Thomas. I outlined the four Royal Family Suites ...

Voyageraft.jpg

And this is the Explorer in St. Maarten. It is the same class as the Voyager. Agan, I have outlined the four RFS ...

Exploreraft.jpg

Archived