Choosing Stateroom?

Searenade

Hi, I am new to this Board.

Presently booking accommodation on the "Brilliance of The Sea" and would like some assistance, prior to further liaison with my TA, as to choosing a Stateroom.

Currently she has us in Rm 8664, Deck 8 (E2). I note this is fully aft and not one away from a Stateroom. This wld say to me that it was quiet w/ no engine noise?! I did toy with the idea of a D1 stateroom on Level 9 or 10 for the layout of the rm, however for the price difference I am hesitant.

Please could you give me some detailed advice as TODAY is the day we have to pay up the AUD $2000 deposit. (initially I thought a 10% dep. however Fri. they informed me it was $2K req'd whatever room).

I am not a newcomer to cruising, however many years ago.

Many thanks to you all,

Searenade

Pacific Princess - 1979

Oriana - 1979

Hello and welcome,

I have sailed the Brilliance and you will love that ship. I had cabin 8596. One of the ones I have recommended below.

The room the TA has you booked in is an adjoining cabin with the one next to it. People have commented on here that there is a possibility of some noise from those types of cabins. Also, being there is an extra door in the cabin, a smaller sofa.

Personally, I will not take a cabin that adjoins another. That is just my preference not to.

See if any of these E2 cabins are available. 8592, 8594, 8596, 8598. They are a really good choice on the "hump" of the ship. If none of these are available, I would just change to a cabin not connected to another. I liked Deck 8 on that ship. It was a good location.

You won't hear engine noise anywhere--especially on deck 8!!!! Personally, I won't sail unless I'm in at least a JS--I like my comfort while vacationing!!!!

Only the quality of the food has changed--the cruise experience is still the same--enjoy!

I've never had an adjoining cabin before but have been told that you can hear more than normal amounts of noise from the other cabin. Now, how much that is entirly depends on who's next to you. I don't think I'd book a cabin that adjoins another unless I knew who was going to be in there.

How many people are going with you? Standard deposit for RCI is $250/pp for 7 nights, $450/pp 9 or more nights. Are you within final payment period? If you do book a cabin and find another one available that you want more you can call and have your TA change it if it's the same category and if it is a higher category then you will just pay the difference. Usually just before final payment other cabins open up and you may see a more desirable hump cabin.

You can do this even if you have made final payment.

Archived